<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, February 17, 2007
lone ranger rides again...

Three hours of street preaching done tonight. I didn't really want to be there, but the market needed the Gospel, and no one else was going. So I went. It wasn't terribly cold tonight so there was a steady stream of people walking the streets of the marketplace. Despite being surrounded by crowds of people who hate the Gospel and those who preach it, the Lord kept me safe throughout the night. Praise Him.

Now, I wrote that I didn't want to be there... I've said this before in a confession, but this time, the reason I didn't want to go wasn't at all carnal. The Lord has been dealing with me this week in a way He hasn't done in a long time. I think it's a "little reviving". Anyway, all I want to do lately is keep my face to the ground and pray and lament my helpless state to the Lord. It all started with a false charge against me, which snowballed, causing me to go into self-examination mode. I was in this frame of mind when I prepared my Sunday School lesson, and as I was reading the Scriptures that went along with my Sunday School study, I realized that I couldn't preach the material without being a 100%, no-kidding, "Class A" hypocrite. Since then, the hand of the Lord has been heavy upon me, forcing me to my knees. I'll keep you posted on further developments.

So with all sorts of heaviness of spirit, I carried on with the work of evangelism tonight. I wondered if the Lord would do something dramatic considering his on-going work of grace in my heart, but sadly, I have nothing but the usual to report. I was scorned and mocked in both of Canada's official languages, repeatedly, and most of the souls in the marketplace couldn't have cared less about the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. On the upside, I did distribute a fair number of Bible tracts and a whole lot of people have read the Bible sign I was carrying (I could hear them mumbling the words as I walked by them). The Lord use His Word in the hearts of the people who have seen or heard my preaching tonight.

I'm not going to go into details tonight, actually I'm going to close the notes right now. It's late and I want to spend some more time alone with God, before going to bed. Have a good weekend, dear brothers and sisters in the Lord.

"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

"The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands." (Psalm 138:8)


Rand

Labels: