<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 21, 2007
10,000 served...

With the arrival of warmer weather, sinners came out to the market by the thousands. The whole place was so animated and loud, it was difficult to remain focused while preaching the Gospel. We (pastor Tim and I) nonetheless carried on with our usual three hours of street evangelism; preaching the Gospel, distributing tracts, and walking around the downtown core with our Gospel signs.

Seeing such a multitude of people in the market is bittersweet...

Bitter because it is a foregone conclusion that the overwhelming majority of the people are up to no good in the market on Friday night. Bitter because with such crowds, the mockery and the blasphemy we contend with is all the more intense.

Sweet because the number of people exposed to the Gospel is GREAT! I did a quick sampling and some math tonight: I counted the number of souls that walked by me tonight in one minute. All these souls would have heard something of the Gospel, or would have accepted or refused a Bible tract (and we always ask the people: "would you like a Bible tract about Jesus?"). I counted roughly 20 souls/min. In three hours of evangelism, that's 3,600 souls. Multiply that by two since pastor Tim was on the other side of the street, that's 7,200. Then, add another 3,000 souls which another group of evangelists (from another church) were dealing with just a few blocks away. Easily over 10,000 souls received something of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ tonight. To quote my pastor: "I guess being out here tonight is better than staying home, lying on our couches!"

I'm thankful to God for the opportunity I had tonight to present His Truth to all those people tonight. I'm also thankful to Him that, by the working of the Holy Spirit, I'm becoming a much better soldier of the Cross. I'm becoming bolder and more at ease in the work of the Gospel. When I first started, it would take the whole first hour of evangelism for me to get in the groove; now, I'm ready in 5 minutes! Regardless of the mockery or the blasphemy of Satan's people! It's not easy, but I'm making progress. Praise God!

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." (2 Timothy 2:3)

I also thank God for the opportunity to once again speak with Collin, the parking garage attendant; that my pastor was able to speak with the mayor of our city; and for the Canadian soldier I shared the Gospel with. His conscience was definitely disturbed by what he read on our Gospel signs. I'll be praying that the Lord will use some of the tracts we gave out tonight to regenerate some of His lost sheep. O that the Lord would make a soul winner out of me! A great fisher of men!

It's pretty late now, so I'm going to fore go the detailed report and end the notes here for tonight. Have a great weekend, dear readers. The Lord bless your Lord's Day.

Remember me in your prayers, dear saints.


Rand

Labels: