<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, September 05, 2009
back to the Great Commission...


Okay... I'm going to do my best to write these Friday Night Notes, but be advised that I'm doing so without the use of my left hand; my newborn son needs his daddy to hold him. This is going to be alot of work...

Due to my wife's remarkable recovery from last week's delivery, I was able to take a break from playing "Mr.Mom" in order to go preach the Gospel in the market. There were hundreds, if not thousands of souls in the market area tonight, most of them unsaved and up to absolutely no good. You can well imagine, dear readers, just how badly I stuck out with my Romans 6:23 sign and my Gospel tracts.

It had been over two weeks since I had gone out street preaching (I even missed the cursed Pride Parade), so it took a little longer to find my groove. I had to fight my nerves for the first half hour, but then did better. It's always intimidating being alone (pastor Tim couldn't come out tonight) with a Message hardly anyone today wants to hear, but I soldiered on in faith.

I was greeted with a whole lot of mockery from the get-go, but a few souls were genuinely happy that I was out evangelizing (all of them, no doubt, saints). I met a man from the Netherlands who came to speak with me; he said he was happy to meet a Canadian he would undoubtedly meet again in glory. That was nice. Moments later, a young man walked towards me and said that there was "no Lord". I answered that he would soon find out if his assertion had any merit. That exchange wasn't so nice.

Funny moment took place as I was walking around the restaurant patios with my Bible sign. A young man walking past me tripped on a crack in the sidewalk concrete. The following Scripture immediately came to mind:

"Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed." (1 Peter 2:7-8)

I spoke to a Middle Eastern man who wanted to know why I evangelized and why I did it the way I did. I explained to him that the Lord Jesus Christ had given us a Great Commission to fulfill, and that's why I was evangelizing. He said he appreciated that answer, but wondered if my approach was the best way to "reach people"...

"I don't have such doubts, dear sir," I began. "I proclaim God's Word, and I leave it up to the Holy Spirit to use the testimony of His Word as He sees fit."

The man again seemed content with my answer. I don't know if he agreed with me or not, but he thanked me for my time and left. The Lord be gracious to him.

Finally, I had a short conversation with Noel tonight. He's a street beggar and heroin addict. He's dying. Slowly, but surely. Pastor Tim and I both tried to speak to him about the Lord Jesus Christ, but the little faith he has is in the god of the WatchTower (what some call Jehovah's Witness). I encouraged Noel to seek the Lord with all his heart, and he said he would. Problem is, when I asked him what he would do with the money he had collected thus far, he said: "crack." Lord be merciful to this lost soul.


That's the notes for tonight, dear readers. Remember me in your prayers, dear saints of God. The baby is adding a whole new dimension to family life!

God bless you all.


Rand

Labels: