<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, February 13, 2010
flying solo...



A very quiet night of street evangelism tonight. I don't know if the Olympic Opening Ceremonies kept people glued to their television sets, but by 9pm, the streets were mostly empty. Good thing I showed up with my Bible sign early: I was able to preach to the dinner time crowd. Had I showed up at the usual 8pm, it would have been a truly lonely night.

Pastor Tim was unable to make it out tonight, being struck with a nasty cold. So I held the fort (aka preaching spot) for about three hours in the marketplace tonight, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and handing out Gospel tracts. Not much by way of response, I'm afraid. A few souls cursed at me, others mocked me, but the overwhelming majority just sighed and rolled their eyes at me.

I did have a short conversation with an off-duty police officer. Nothing too elaborate, he just wanted to know what I was up to and gladly took a tract. Also had a few words with a street beggar pastor Tim has befriended. Again, nothing much was said, but I hope the words I did share with this lost soul would be used of the Holy Spirit to bring him life and light. Other than that, not too much to report. I did answer a fool who mockingly yelled "praise God!" from across the street...

"If wish you truly did, my friend... I wish you truly did."

My answer seemed to shame the man and his entourage which accelerated its pace to get away from me as quickly as possible. The Lord have mercy on the overwhelming majority of my fellow Canadians who know nothing of giving God the glory due to His name (Psalm 29:2), who instead curse and revile Him at every opportunity. Oh, what misery!

The Lord use my efforts as He sees fit tonight, and may He be glorified and magnified in me, now and forever.

The Lord bless you dear readers, and give you a safe and quiet weekend.


Rand

Labels: