<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, March 12, 2011
the non-judgmental 'energy'...


Right after work, I made my way to Pastor Tim's house for yet another night of street preaching. The weather was wet, but mild, which considering the sub-zero degree weather we've contended with over the last few months, well, it was a refreshing change.

The milder weather was no doubt a major factor when it came to the volume of people walking the streets of the market tonight. It still isn't nearly as busy as summer nights, but still, there was a pretty steady flow of people walking by our Bible signs, some hearing some of our Gospel preaching as they walked by. We handed out a fair number of Bible tracts and both Pastor Tim and I have had a few one-on-one conversations with unconverted souls.

Only Pastor Tim had a conversation with a brother-in-the-Lord tonight. A "Brethren/Gospel Chapel" type, with a real love for the Lord and zeal to know Him more. The Lord bless him. The closest I got was a middle-aged woman who came by to thank me for my witness. At first, everything she said seemed good and for a second I thought I was speaking with a sister; but everything crashed when she told me where she fellowshipped. With great pride, she told me she fellowshipped at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. I was dumbfounded. The only thing that kept running through my mind was: "You got to be kidding me!" I was unable to deal with the woman (I really was in a state of shock)... she left and I was still stuck on: "you're kidding me!"

I spoke at length with a young man who claimed he once was a Christian, but had since renounced the Faith in favour of science. You should have seen his face when I told him I was a scientist. It was clear, through our conversation, that the young man wasn't too convinced of his own spiritual choices. On a number of occasions, he admitted that some fulfilled biblical prophecies were quite difficult to deny, but he would follow that up with: "well the Bible was just made up by twelve guys." He was quite a tortured fellow. Seeing and understanding the merits of the Faith, but wanting to part of it. He repeated on a number of occasions that he preferred believing that God wasn't so much a Person, but an Energy of some sort.

"I know why you want to believe that," I said to the young man.

"Why?" he inquired.

"Because 'energy' can't and will never judge you," I concluded.

While he didn't have much time for my answers and my witness in general, the young man still thanked me for speaking with him of the Faith of Jesus Christ. It was pretty funny, throughout our conversation, he insinuated that I was being stupid, but before he left, he said he appreciated speaking of these matters with an intelligent man! Quite confusing. The Lord save him out of his error, confusion and unbelief.

Shortly before ending our three hours of street evangelism tonight, a fifty-some year old man walked by me as I was giving out Bible tracts. The man looked at the Bible sign I was carrying, and after reading that "the wages of sin is death", he mumbled to his wife/girlfriend: "if that were true, I'd be dead already." Unable to let that one go, I mumbled back: "won't be long now." I don't think he heard me... maybe that's a good thing.

That's the notes for tonight. I thank the Lord for being with us tonight, protecting us and giving us utterance. I trust He was magnified by our efforts.

God bless you all, dear readers. Have a safe weekend and a blessed Lord's Day!


Rand

Labels: