<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 15, 2011
descent night of evangelism...



We nearly cancelled our night of evangelism due to rain, but by evening, the rain was really light, so we pressed on. It was wet and damp, a bit cold, but the Lord helped us complete another three hours of street preaching for His honour and glory.

For a rainy night, the marketplace was busy enough. We had a steady flow of people walking by our Bible signs, some took some of our Gospel literature, and we had a number of one-on-one conversations with lost sinners. All in all, a good night of street evangelism.

I spoke at length with three men: Liam, James and Clay. Liam had a battery of questions for me, from "why am I preaching downtown?" to "how does God affect your daily life?". He also asked questions about my life in general and was surprised that I was, in his words, "a real dude!" I was kind of funny. By answering his questions, Liam and his friends got a pretty good Gospel presentation from me; I hope the Lord will be pleased to save them!

Pastor Tim also had a few conversations with souls that had a genuine interest in the Gospel. I saw him shake hands with a number of people who offered him encouragement or simply came for some answers. Both of us heard "God bless you!" on a number of occasions tonight; some of those came from polite unbelievers, but many came from saints. During our last half-hour of evangelism, I even had a young couple, Evgeni and Rachel, come over to pray for me! And as if that wasn't enough, as this dear couple asked the Lord to bless me and help me in prayer, Pastor Tim, a block away, was visited by a group of young Christians who, you guessed it, formed a circle and prayed for him. The Lord bless and reward richly these dear souls for refreshing us evangelists.

The night did have its challenges though. The wicked guitar player that has been plaguing us these last few months was at his post again tonight, mocking and blaspheming. Pastor Tim and I agreed that it was best just to ignore the wicked soul, but when he yelled at me tonight, mockingly asking me to preach to him, I couldn't resist:

"Okay," I began, "you are a miserable, wicked sinner. You need to repent and be converted to God."

"Bah," he replied, "I may be a wicked sinner, but I ain't no hypocrite!"

"No," I said, "you're a hypocrite too!"

At that point, the wicked soul began walking away, heading for a pub I had seen him go to on a number of occasions in the past. Again, I couldn't resist:

"You go blow that money on drink now!"

The inside joke is that he proclaims to one and all before beginning his "musical" act (note the quotation marks... he's awful!) that donations go to help support his family. The fact of the matter is, the second he has enough money for the pub, he scoots off for a few minutes, only to return to "work" for the next trip. Good thing "he ain't no hypocrite".

There were other mockers and scorners, but at this point, I've forgotten most of what they said, and that's a good thing. The Lord have mercy on them.

On that note, I'll say goodnight and have a blessed, safe weekend, dear saints.

Remember us in your prayers!


Rand

Labels: