<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

The offence of the Bible

Wednesday, September 08, 2004
it's not all peace and love...

I have had a number of conversations in the last week which has reminded me of just how offensive the Word of God is to our culture and society. Take your pick:

-Homosexuals are condemned (1 Corinthians 6:9)

-Only Christians are right with God and are going to Heaven (John 14:6)

-Abortion is murder and those who support it are accomplice murder (Psalm 139:13-16)

-God has created people He never intended to save (Jude 1:4)

And the list can go on!


Now I know that I have offended some in my posts. I find that regrettable, but the fact of the matter is, that is one of the effects of the Bible. The offence isn't from Rand, it is from God. The Lord tells us in His Bible:

"Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed." (1 Peter 2: 7-8)

"To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2: 16)

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another." (Matthew 24: 10)


I have better things to do with my time than to write internet material just to insult and offend people. This blog, as stated in the past, is an outlet for working through some of my personal experiences as well as a way to challenge and encourage those who are part of the family of God. I do believe in religious and political tolerance (not acceptance...there is a difference), but you will not find much room on this site for opposing views to what I believe is the Truth (the Truth being the Bible). This site was never meant to be a forum for those who would challenge the validity of my views.

So, bottom line: If you don't agree with my views on the Bible, then by all means, using the Bible (and I must insist on this), make your case. If you don't like the Bible, then don't come to this site. If you don't like conservative fundamental Christianity, don't come to this site. If you don't like me, don't come to this site!


I hope I'll still have some ppl dropping by...LOL



Oh yeah...on a lighter note, just wanted to say just how much I love the fact that some of you now fear being caught "raiding the fridge"!

Later,