<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 09, 2005
I'm a very poor man...

Another week done, another night of street preaching. In summary,


The good:

-we passed out a WHOLE LOT of gospel literature! Pray that the Lord would use those tracts to bring many souls into the kingdom of His Dear Son.

-we spent a good chunk of time dealing with a young couple who didn't believe the gospel (they were a bit offended by our stand against homosexuality), but we could tell our preaching wasn't leaving them indifferent. Anyway, they were quite respectful and civil, so we had a good exchange. It ended with her realizing that our conversation was just going in circles because my faith was in the God of the Bible, and she had no such faith. Let's hope the Lord will grant her the second birth.

-the drunkards that have been a problem for me the last few weeks were nowhere to be found tonight. All and all, our preaching went on for 3 solid hours with little interruption.


The bad:


-Ouch! the hard speech. Many cursed the Lord with harsh, terrible words tonight. Some of those words were reserved for us too...oye.

-I was called a very "poor" man who didn't have a clue by a member of the United Church of Canada (for those of you who know nothing of the United Church, it is the most liberal and unbiblical "churches" in my country).

-All and all, the reception to our preaching wasn't exactly a smashing success. I'm afraid we'll have to wait longer for the revival we're praying for.


Well, the Lord was glorified, and we did our duty, so that something. Seeing all those poor wretches tonight, living from one sin to another, wasting their lives away, walking towards condemnation, it really hit me: the power of God's grace. I would be walking the same way tonight had it not been for God's power in my life.

In Him,


Rand