<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 02, 2005
another one done and over with...

Another Friday night of open-air evangelism, and nothing to report except a whole lot of hard hearts. We preached for about 3 hours and the only response we got was mockery, rejection, and even some wrath. The drunks were out again tonight, and yes, they interrupted my preaching...again. I think I conducted myself much better this time, though I will admit that, in my heart, the attitude wasn't right. Continue to pray for a change in old-Rand.

One sad moment tonight: a young man came by to talk to us, claiming he was a student at a Pentecostal seminary. We started chatting with him and it didn't take too long for us to figure out that he had come to "straighten us out". You see, he disapproved of our evangelism method (gospel signs and street preaching). So I asked him:

"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by...what my friend? And on Pentecost, where did Peter go and what did he do? Did he not evangelize in the streets?"

He brushed off my questions by saying that these methods were for the past only. At that point, we told him he was wasting both his and our time and bid him goodnight. Well!!! He didn't take that too well! LOL! He started yelling at us, saying that Jesus would never say such a thing, and that he knew the Bible ten times more than we did (a remarkable diagnosis considering he spoke with us for appoximately 120 seconds). It was all pretty sad. Full of anger and indignation, he finally left; and I spent some time wondering if the man was really a Christian who was seriously messed up theologically, or if he is nothing but a deceived sinner. Guess I'll find out one day.

Anyway, it's been a long week, and indeed, a long night...it's time for bed.

Take care brothers and sisters,

Rand