<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, July 30, 2005
better late than never...

After a 12 hour workday, it was time for street evangelism. Unfortunately, the extra hours spent at work cut the amount of time spent actually on the street. My pastor and brother Laz were already out preaching when I caught up to them (more than an hour late).

Since I was out too long, I actually have very little to say about the street preaching tonight. The "tribal drums" were out again... the women were poorly dressed... the speech was hard and filthy... drunkenness was rampant... immorality was all over...

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalm 9:17)

Pretty much sums up my country I'm afraid; the wicked abound, and most have forgotten the Lord their God.

The highlight of my night: I preached to Pierre McGuire (former NHL coach), Bob Mackenzie (NHL hockey columnist with TSN), and Nick Kypreos (former NHL hockey player). Tomorrow is the NHL entry draft and it is taking place in town. All three of these guys were probably out having a few beers before getting to work on covering the draft for their respective sports networks. Anyway, as a hockey lover, preaching to these guys brought a smile to my face.

Well, now I'm exhausted, so I'm off to bed. Good night dear readers, have a good weekend, and especially, a great Lord's Day.

Rand