<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Stupid Assumption of the Week

Thursday, January 05, 2006
"who hath known the mind of God?"

The wrath of God fell on Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in the form of a life threatening stroke. You can take that to the bank, not because God revealed it in the Bible, but because He apparently revealed it to Pat Robertson. Yes, I'm rolling my eyes right now. There have been so many of these in the last few years, I've lost count.

Experience tells me that tomorrow (or the next day), there will be another article on this where Robertson will apologize for his remarks, while affiming that some (if not all) of his statements were taken out of context. No doubt, it will be proven that some of his statements were indeed taken out of context, the Associated Press is hardly an impartial news source. But with even less doubt, the jist of Robertson's statements will be: "Sharon suffered a stroke because God was angry with him for giving over land that was promised to Abraham's seed."

Now I'm a dispensationalist. I believe that God's convenant with Abraham is an EVERLASTING covenant with Abraham and his seed, the Jews. I believe that the land Sharon has given over to the Palestinian authority belongs to the Jews. I believe God most certainly wasn't pleased with Sharon's policies, but I DON'T ASSUME TO KNOW WHAT GOD, IF ANYTHING, DID ABOUT IT!

Pat Robertson, IMHO would do better to keep his big mouth shut and spend more time studying verses like:

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:18)

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:45)

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour." (1 Timothy 2:1-3)

In the end, I believe that that is a far better use of his time. It also makes things far better for the church of God.


My fundamental 0.02$,

Rand