<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, August 05, 2006
giving them the light... but they are blind...

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Well over 3 hours of street evangelism tonight, and we definitely reached a whole lot of people with the Gospel. Brother Laz, my pastor, and I were out with our Gospel signs and a good number of Bible tracts and we preached, distributed and posted the Word of God to countless souls in my city's marketplace. Sadly, the responce was less than favorable (understatement of the week), but the Lord gave safety and ability in presenting His Gospel. Praise Him!

Tonight's recollections...


Praying for Darren

A young man who was panhandling across the street from where I was preaching got up and made his way towards me. It was clear that he wasn't a big fan of my preaching. It was also clear that he wanted me to go away so that he could beg for money without having the hear the Gospel. Three to four times he made his way towards my pastor and I in anger, only to calmly return to the other side of the street.

The Lord gave us wisdom in dealing with the young man. Every time he came with a complaint, we would gently and kindly deal with his issue with the Word of God, and miraculously, he received our teachings. By the end of our time of evangelism, the young man didn't want us to leave, but made requests that prayers be made for him.

Let us pray that the Lord would save poor Darren who is severely addicted to drugs and alcohol... he is truly lost. Please pray that the Lord would give me other opportunities in the future to deal with this poor soul.


The Lost Adventist:

I was walking around the downtown core with our 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 sign, when I caught the attention of a man who was sitting in his car. He rolled down the passenger side window and asked me what I was all about.

"I'm a Bible-only Christian, my friend," I answered.

"When do you worship? What day?" he asked.

And right there, I knew I was dealing with an Adventist. I explained that we worshipped on the Lord's Day (Sunday), because that's when all God's people worshipped in New Testament times. He briefly argued with me, but his points were pretty weak and he himself knew it.

"Your problem, my friend, is that you are not studying your Bible," I began. "I know Adventism, and I know you guys don't study your Bibles. You follow 'programs' and magazines, not the Bible. I guarantee you, friend, NO ONE becomes an Adventist by simply reading and studying God's Word."

With that, the man asked me where we worshiped and we both parted. I'm hoping he'll show up at our meetings on the Lord's Day, so that he may learn what the Scriptures saith.


Special Report on Canada:

You will sometimes hear the media up here speak of the war on drugs. I declare to you that the war is over. I repeat:

THE WAR IS OVER!

The war is over, and the good guys lost.

Illegal drugs are all over the place in the marketplace. Dealers and buyers aren't even hiding anymore. The stench of marijuana is everywhere, and this despite the presence of a handful of police officers patrolling the market. We even have "health services" going around giving addicts clean syringes and "crack pipes" so that they can get high "safely".

Sick.


And that's it for tonight, dear readers. There was plenty of rejection tonight. Plenty of mockery and scorn. I'm quite weary. Weary of my day. I'm looking forward to spending a quiet day tomorrow, and a glorious day on the Lord's Day. Have a blessed weekend, dear friends.


Rand