<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, January 13, 2007
taking it all in stride...

I was a bit tired tonight, so going out for our customary 3 hours of street evangelism didn't appeal to my flesh too much. I comforted myself by thinking: "well, both brother Laz and pastor Tim will be with you tonight, everything should go smoothly." But when I got to church, brother Laz wasn't there (he had to take care of his son tonight), and pastor Tim was down with a really bad cough.

"I'm afraid it'll be just you and Jesus tonight, Rand," my pastor said.

So much for an easy night.

The Lord really helped me through the night though. I managed to preach for nearly 2 hours, and I put in another hour distributing Gospel literature all over downtown. And none of it seemed to be overly burdensome. I was a real "easy-going" evangelist tonight. I was reviled a few times (people screaming that God was dead, that I should go home, that I'm soooo stoopid... etc...), I had trash thrown at me (twice), and I had my old drunken foe, Matthew, staring me down across the street from where I was preaching. But through it all, I never once lost my cool, or allowed any place to discouragement.

Thank you, Lord.

Not too many conversations tonight. It began to rain half way through my time of evangelism, so people weren't too inclined to stand around to hear the Gospel, or to ask questions. I did give out a tract to a young, very drunk lady who said she had read the Bible verse I was carrying on a sign when she was a girl. "You're pretty far from what the Bible teaches now, aren't you, miss," I commented. She didn't protest.

I also shared the Gospel with four young men who very obviously were trying to find some fault or some inconsistency in my evangelism. They asked a series of questions and I really don't think they were prepared for my answers because the more answers I gave, the more confused and ashamed the men were. They eventually gave up trying to make a fool out of me, and walked away, with a Bible tract (hee hee).

Well, it was another "lone ranger" night, and the Lord carried me through safely once again. Now it's time for some rest. I'm exhausted. Good night, dear readers, and have a blessed weekend, and a holy, God-centered Lord's Day.

"Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity." (Psalm 118:25)


Rand

Labels: