<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, January 03, 2009
a very quiet night...



The marketplace was like a ghost town tonight; hardly a soul to preach the Gospel to.

I suppose the usual crowd of revelers that walk the streets of the market were all partied out from the Christmas and New Year parties. It felt a bit strange to preach to the Gospel to so few souls, but I'm still glad I went; there are over 100 souls tonight who heard the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That's a hundred more than had I not gone out to preach!

Due to the small crowds, very few tracts were handed out, and one-on-one conversations were few and far between. Pastor Tim and I both dealt with drunkards who's lives were a total mess, and sadly, were also coming to an end. These drunkards who spend there time begging for money downtown... what a sad, sad bunch. I think the last part of Proverbs 13:15 sums it up best:

"...the way of transgressors is hard."

We also had some witness with some young people. Nothing to positive though. For example, a group of young people tried to smash our 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 sign. They took off when they saw me coming. Then I dealt with another young man who mockingly asked me to "enlighten him". I told him that there was no way I could do that, only the Lord could give him the light of life. He walked away while continuing to mock me. The Lord be merciful to him.

I did have a good exchange with a young Muslim. He took one of my tracts and told me that he also believed in Jesus; the jesus of the Qu'ran that is. I told him that the Jesus of the Bible was quite different than the jesus of the Qu'ran. He agreed. I then told him that if the Lord Jesus didn't save him in this life, the Lord would condemn him in his sin. He again agreed (which sort of surprised me). We wished each other a "happy New Year" and he went back to the pub he had walked out of. The Lord open his eyes and show him that Jesus is indeed the Way, the Truth and the Life!

And that's the notes for tonight, dear readers. It was a pretty quiet night, so not too much to report.

Actually I will add this: I've discovered that those "heat packs" that are sold at sport shops up here in Canada are GREAT! My wife somehow got her hands on one of these and gave it to me before going out into the cold night. I followed the instructions, activated the pack and placed it in one of my boots. That little thing kept my foot warm all night long! The only problem is that I only had one so I had to occasionally transfer the pack from one boot to the other to keep both feet warm. Next week, I'm getting myself a bag full of the little wonders!

Have a blessed weekend, dear readers.


Rand

Labels: