<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, March 06, 2010
alot of work... alot of preaching...


I'm looking forward to Pastor Tim's complete recovery from the nasty infection that's been plaguing him for last few weeks... 'cause preaching for hours is exhausting! I am thankful that the good preacher has been well enough to accompany me for our usual night of street evangelism; there is safety in numbers. There were several instances tonight in which I feared things could degenerate quickly, but the Lord protected us and gave us a smooth night of evangelism. Praise Him!

Things were kept from going awry on a number of occasion by the presence and activities of a massive number of police patrolling the marketplace. We sometimes go through our 3 hours of evangelism without seeing one single police officer, but not tonight. The good men/women in uniform were out in full-force and kept drunkards/revellers in check. They even had a highway checkpoint tonight, looking to put a stop to drunk drivers.

There were alot of people in the market... I surely preached to the Gospel to thousands of souls. Both pastor Tim and I gave out a good number of Bible tracts and several souls stopped to read our Bible signs (two of the four we brought with us is in the picture above). Another good thing to mention is Pastor Tim having a very lengthy conversation with a young lady who was in serious need of Biblical counselling. Pastor Tim said, without going into detail, that the young lady was in a very bad situation, but he felt the conversation was quite profitable. The Lord use His Word in the lives of the lost as He sees fit. May He be glorified in us and in the people we ministered to.

As always, however, there was plenty of nonsense which we had to endure; and much of it was quite grievous. One man took one of our tracts and then yelled out: "My hand! My hand! It's burning!" He then threw the tract to the ground and left whilst laughing at us to scorn. A short time after that a woman walked up to me and started reading my John 3:36 sign; she made it up to "he who believes not" and then turned back saying: "It's too long...". A young man later did the exact same as this woman, except he said: "Well, I don't believe." As he walked away, I finished the verse for him: "...shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him." The Lord have mercy.

The level of lewdness, the blasphemy and profanity was quite disturbing out there tonight. How I look forward to the day when all of it will be put away! Even so, come Lord Jesus.

On that note, I'll close this street preaching report. It's late and I need some rest.

Have a blessed weekend, dear readers. Enjoy the Lord's Day.


Rand

Labels: