<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 10, 2010
a sweetheart kind of night...


The insanity continues!!! Two weeks ago, I was street preaching with my full winter gear on in sub-zero degree weather. Last week, I was in a t-shirt during our evangelistic endeavour... it was a balmy 24C. It was 0C tonight. I actually had to contend with freezing rain during my first hour of evangelism. Like I said, insanity.

While the temperature was nasty, the people I preached to and offered Gospel tracts to were, for the most part, pretty kind. I got several kudos from believers who walked by, and even had a number of sinners take a tract and, get this, actually thanked me for it! I know... I almost fell over a couple of times!

There weren't too many one-on-one conversations tonight. I guess it was too cold and people just didn't want to chat outside for too long. I did speak with a young man who took a picture of me and my Bible sign; he was taking a night class in photography and asked me if he could take a few shots of me and my sign. He had the same SLR camera I own and we talked photography for awhile. I find it profitable sometimes to just talk and not try to force the conversation; it lets people know that, well, I'm normal (lol). I hope the Lord will use the pictures the young man took to save.

The mockers were still present. One young man came out of a pub and asked me to come in and have a beer with him. I respectfully declined. Another man offered to pay my "cover charge" if I wanted to enter a particularly ungodly night club in the midst of the marketplace. Reminded me of this portion of the John Bunyan's famous book, "The Pilgrim's Progress", where a seller of vanity mocks Christian and Faithful:

"One chanced mockingly, beholding the carriages of the men, to say unto them, "What will ye buy?"

Well, just like the characters in the classic book, I bought and continue to buy Truth, and have little time for the follies being sold in the market. I thank the Lord my God for his great work of grace in my life.

"Buy the truth, and sell it not, also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding" (Proverbs 23:23)

Lot of people took Bible tracts from me tonight. Just off the top of my head, I remember a bus driver, who actually rolled down the window of his bus and requested a tract; I remember a young man at a bus stop who pretty much ran after me to get a tract; and I was really pleased when a couple of street beggars took tracts from me tonight. Beggars are usually hostile toward us (they feel we get in the way of them making money), but not tonight. I was especially pleased with my sudden (and probably, temporary) popularity amongst the people since I was all my myself tonight. I again thank God for His hand of protection on me.

With that, I close this edition of the Friday Night Notes. Have a blessed weekend, dear readers. Don't forget to honour and keep the Lord's Day... it's a real blessing!


Rand

Labels: