<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Sunday Afternoon Notes

Monday, August 30, 2010
the cursed pride parade...

**Warning: this post contains mature subject matter. To the pastor(s) who post print-outs of my "notes", you may want to skip posting this one.

So today what the abominable "Gay Pride Parade" in my city; and as is our custom, Pastor Tim and I took a couple of Bible signs and headed downtown. We each picked one side of the street the parade would travel down, held up our signs, guarded our eyes, and prayed.

I never know just how much I should describe what it is like to be an evangelist at such a wicked event. Should I describe the men and women I saw who were bound in leather and chains? Or the transvestite man's (I think) lewd behaviour? Should I give examples of some of the vile, wretched, and downright disgusting things that were being uttered all around me? Or how about a description of the men that surrounded me, all of them obviously sexually aroused by the abominations that walked and drove by us? Shall I list all the different ways I was denigrated and humiliated by the mob that surrounded me?

I think I've said enough. To be honest, I don't really care to have a written record of the goings-on of today.

When I first arrived with my Bible sign (2 Peter 2:6 on one side, Psalm 9:17 on the other), a number of the sodomites protested that my sign should not be around children (yes, there were children at the pride parade...). Moments later, a man in the parade took a cane, put it between his legs and pretended to masturbate, and that, within 4 meters of the children my Gospel sign had supposedly scandalized! Needless to say, no one protested.

Take home message: The Bible is no longer a healthy influence on children; a grown man pretending to masturbate in public is quite acceptable.

The parade lasted nearly 2 hours and I assure you, they were two... seriously long... hours. There was the S&M group, then the atheist-homosexual group ('cause why stop at immorality?), the vegetarian-homosexual group, the United "church" group with their homosexual "minister", the drag queens, the homosexual politicians... etc... etc. When the circus of immorality ended, Pastor Tim and I walked behind the vehicle of the parade and let the crowds on each side of the road read our signs. I don't need to tell you that we weren't crowd favorites.

It was during this walk, however, that we met up with other brothers (and sister) in the Lord. Brothers Tim and Brian (I believe from the Metropolitan Bible Church) walked with us keeping an eye out for anyone who would want to do us, or our signs, harm. On our way back home, we also met up with Brother Paul, his wife Kim and James, a friend of theirs. All three of them were doing some street preaching just a block away from where pastor Tim and I were holding up our Bible signs. The Lord bless all these brave souls for their good works, and the genuine love they have toward the lost, even the lost that despised them without a cause.

Now that this post is done, I'm going to do my best to forget this afternoon ever happened.

The Lord use the work that was done, as He sees fit.

To Him be glory and honour, now and forever. Amen.


Rand

Labels: