<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, June 26, 2010
up and down kind of night...


Tonight's evangelistic effort wasn't as smooth and easy going as the last two weeks, but still, things went rather well. We faced some oppositions from the usual suspects (drunks, sodomites, revelers), but nothing too grievous. The Gospel went out into the streets of the ByWard Market tonight, and that, for a good three hours.

I kind of liked the "point form", rapid fire style I adopted last week in composing my Friday Night Notes. It helps put everything together quickly, and I have to tell you, by the time I get around to writing these words, quick is good. You see, by the time I make it home from our evangelistic effort, it's about 11:30pm. By the time I eat my dinner (yes, I leave my work and immediately go downtown), it's easily 12:30am. By the time I finish jotting these words down, it's usually beyond 2am.

So, without further ado, here is my evangelism report for this week:

- a sodomite walked up to me as I was preaching the Gospel and claimed to know everything about what I was preaching, and that it didn't "do anything for him". He made it clear he didn't want to hear anything from me (or a dear brother who was next to me when he began he diatribe), and he was going to tell me why he was justified in his way of life. My brother-in-the-Lord walked away, and I began preaching the Gospel to those who were walking by. Obviously annoyed at no one paying attention to him, the sodomite left. The Lord have mercy on him.

- a short old lady interrupted my preaching to make sure I knew that "all the evil in the world, like wars and strife, was all caused by religion". Her voice quaked as she made her point... it was clear that she hated me and the Gospel with such passion, she couldn't calmly state her point. She was packing some serious venom and she was going to let me have it! I calmly replied: "must be difficult... being so mean and miserable." She walked away. Again, the Lord have mercy.

- a quick shout-out to Krew and Stevie, two unbelievers who have shown us kindness and friendship over the years in the marketplace. Pastor Tim and I have and will pray for these men who, despite not being in the household of faith, have chosen to be our friends. The Lord bless them with spiritual life!

- Marshall and Julie, two saints who visited our fellowship on a number of occasions until they moved out of town came by to say hello tonight. They were in town for a family function and came out to check up on us. It's always nice to see some friendly faces when labouring in enemy territory.

-I had a long conversation with a nominal Muslim who was quite ignorant of Biblical Christianity. In his mind, true Chrisitanity was Romanism. Well, I spent some time correcting that erroneous view. He was surprised someone like me actually existed. It was a good Q and A session. I tried to deal with the subject of Islam and how Christianity differed from it, but before I could really get into it, a friend of the young man came by and took him away.

- Had another long conversation with a man named Claude who professed to have faith in Christ. I didn't and still don't know what to make of this man; he was either a very ignorant believer, or a religious/superstitious unbeliever. The man definitely had no love for Romanism, and had seen the errors of cults like the "latter-day saints" and Scientology, but despite having attended some Baptist churches, the man had no idea what the Second Birth was. I gave the man a Gospel message and asked him to come to church on the Lord's Day. I also encouraged him to spend much time in God's Word. I hope he will take my advice.

-------------

And that's all that is coming to mind for now. I'm extremely tired and need to go to bed.

Have a great weekend everyone. Remember me in your prayers; I will be preaching the evening service at church on the Lord's Day, and next week is Canada Day (where we will be presenting the Gospel in the open air all day long!).

God bless you!


Rand

Labels: