<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, June 19, 2010
I could get use to this...

Another Friday night of evangelism done in the market, and I'm quite pleased to report that it was another smooth operation. Just like last week, downtown was buzzing with activity. Our audience was large and continually on the move. I handed out lots of Bible tracts, and had the chance to speak to a few souls concerning the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The notes will be rapid-fire style tonight... because I'm really, really tired.

- Spoke to a Christian couple tonight. They said that what I was doing was good and that they had, in the past done similar work. I never know what to say in such instances. If something is good, and was practiced in the past... why did they quit?

- Saw my old friend Brent again tonight. I see him often in the market and he always comes by to encourage me with kind words. I like him. I really do, but there is something fishy about his profession of faith. I need the Holy Spirit to help me deal with this man.

- Police cruiser drove right up to me tonight... and I mean right up to me! The officer made the sidewalk right next to my preaching spot, his personal parking spot. At first, I thought he was coming to deal with me (I have to admit... I was worried there for a minute), but he got out of his car real fast and entered into one of the pubs across the street. Pastor Tim said he came out with a man in handcuffs a few minutes later.

- It never ceases to amaze me: when I offer people a Bible tract, those who hate the Gospel usually respond with an "O my God" or "Jesus Christ".

- So Red Rose (the tea company) is having some contest in which they will sponsor someone to go to Africa, in order to work with a relief agency called OneXOne. I know this because I met one of the Top 10 finalists tonight. Her name was Melanie Coffey and she asked me to check out the Red Rose website (www.redrosetea.ca) and if I wanted, to vote for her on the "Reach out with Red Rose" page. She took one of my tracts, and she was pretty sweet: she got my vote.

- There a new street musician sharing the street with us. His voice is awful and his guitar playing isn't much better; and to make matters worse, he really doesn't care much for us or our message. The Lord be merciful to him. The last two musicians who shared our street with us... well... one is dead (overdose) and the other is going down fast (various addictions).


Sorry everyone, it's all I got in me tonight. Its been quite a week, and I'm dead tired. I'm off to bed.

God bless you all, dear readers. Be safe this weekend. Enjoy the Lord's Day.


Rand

Labels: