<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, September 22, 2012
don't know what to do...

What do I possibly write after a night like tonight?  Should I even write anything?  Should I wait until I've gotten a grip... wait until I've had a good day, then write about terrible events in a semi-detached manner?  Seriously, dear readers, I don't know what to do.

Originally, this blog was to help me cope with the various emotions I felt after a night of street preaching... a way to have it all out before going to bed.  Basically, a weak man trying to deal with his feelings, hoping to get a bit of understanding/empathy from his brothers and sisters-in-the-Lord, and that was about it.  Over time, this little blog became a bit more.  It was a way for friends and family (earthly and heavenly) to keep tabs as to how things were going with me as far as the faith was concerned.  It became something else too, something I think is of very high value, but that "something" I want to keep to myself, for the time being at least.

After a night like tonight however, it is so difficult to know what to write.  Will I give the wrong idea to a particular reader?  Will I cause some offense if I relay something I saw or heard in my three hours of evangelism?  Will I sin by letting my hurt feelings, my frustrations, my heavy sadness write this post?

Do I lie, as in, not tell the whole truth?  Do I sanitize what I experienced to keep everything unimpeachable?

Tonight was a pretty miserable experience, dear saints.  Not the worse night of evangelism I had to endure, but it made the Top 5 for sure.  We weren't in the marketplace 5 minutes and I was told my John 3:16 sign was horse manure... except he didn't use the word manure.  JOHN 3:16.  Clearly, others felt the same way because less than an hour later, a wicked soul smashed our John 3:16 sign.  I really feel I need to repeat: JOHN 3:16!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Apparently, those are such vile and objectionable words that they needed to be eliminated from the public place ASAP.  Oh! and did I mention, the man who smashed our sign came back a couple of hours later to point out that we were hateful idiots.

I watched a man make crude gestures to Pastor Tim as the good preacher spoke the Words of God; I met a young man who stumbled out of an alley reeking of marijuana, just to beg for some spare change to get another fix; I saw a dozen young ladies, no older than 18-19 years of age in skirts that went way too high, and tops that went way too low... all of them waiting for the bus that would take them to bar strip on the Quebec side (where the bars are open later); my poor ears heard some of the vilest insults and blasphemies throughout our night of evangelism... it was continuous and unrelenting; and I on my way back home, I had a very strange encounter with a young lady who was clearly drunk, or high, or drunk and high.

I had a couple of conversations that were friendly enough.  I'm thankful for those, but there was a whole lot of awful drowning those two short breaks.

It's taken me two hours to write this post thus far... and I'm tired now.  I don't think I want to share anything more, and I don't think anyone reading this post will want to read anything more.  I apologize in advance for the depressing nature of this entry, it's been that kind of night.

Remember us in your prayers, dear saints.


Rand
2:42 AM
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger James said…

    So some people smoking weed and a woman with a low top represent the nadir of human existence?

    Pal, you honestly don't get out much.

    Why not go preach to the drug cartels in Mexico? They actually need it.

    Do you know what kind of people these are? They torture their informants, then they decapitate them and hang their bound, naked bodies upside down underneath a bridge as a sign of utter contempt.

    I think you've got a rather easy crowd, if you ask me.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Rand said…

    I usually junk any and all comments by "James" the troll, but this one actually made me laugh.

    Yes, my night could have been worse, I think I mentioned that already somewhere in my post. And yes, DECAPITATION BY DRUG CARTELS would classify as worse.

    When you're getting the decapitation argument, you know life's been interesting. LOL.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous LarryHu said…

    When we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass.
    And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

    Brother Rand, don't lose that compassionate heart. It is easy to get hardened after weeks/years of witnessing the depravity of sinners against a Holy God. Your are an encouragement brother!
    James, I have witnessed to cartel members, by God's grace unto me. Just wondering what you are doing for the kingdom.

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink