<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Sunday Afternoon Notes

Monday, August 26, 2013
the cursed parade...

I apologize for the delay... it's been quite a day.

Today was the cursed Pride Parade in my city, and Pastor Tim, Brother Rod and I went down to it with our Bible signs.  I took only one picture, hoping to get a far enough shot to post along with this entry, but trust me, you don't want to see it.  I'm sure you can all imagine how disturbingly wicked it was; and if you can't, you're the better for it.

You have no idea how spiritually distressing (and exhausting) this wicked event is on a Christian man.  We all had difficulty sleeping the night before, and our Lord's Day morning was more or less ruined by the prospect of what we were going to witness.  It's difficult to keep the day "holy unto the Lord" when 2-3 hours of the day is spent surrounded by the pervert-freak-show.

Nevertheless, we soldiered on, and thousands of lost sinners read something of God's condemnation of homosexuality, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which can set them free.  We were mocked, scorned and persecuted... and our persecution was something far less than dignified. 

All things said however, this was one of our easiest Pride parades.  For starters we didn't watch the whole parade go by (which is where one sees a whole lot of perversion).  We walked several feet behind the last section of the parade, so that those who watched the abomination could then see what God had to say about it.  Secondly, we had sympathetic souls around us.  The police and the security detail were for the most part, quite kind to us.  One young lady in particular, a security guard at the back of the parade came to my defense when a transvestite got a little aggressive.  Thirdly, there were a number of saints around, who were either doing some sort of evangelism, or came by with a word of encouragement.

Still, the whole thing was pretty disturbing, and I know there will be pay-back for all this from the Lord.  He will "by no means clear the guilty".

After all that nonsense, I went home for quick rest, and then made my way back to church for the evening service.  I preached the evening service, and I think all went well, but the day had already taken its toll.  I think everyone saw the weariness and fatigue I was experiencing.  No doubt, they all understand.

The Lord have mercy on my wicked city/country.


Rand

Ps: I want to acknowledge the hard work done by Brother Rod, Pastor Tim, Brother Dennis, Brother Paul, Brother Tim, Brother Jeremy, and sister Kim.  For evangelists, it doesn't get tougher than the Pride Parade.  Kudos to all of them for their faithfulness.