<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Sunday, November 07, 2004
same old, same old...

Well, the street preaching was fairly uneventful again this week. I preached for about 2 hours and walked around downtown with a gospel sign. I spoke to a young atheist; the conversation was civil and kind, which is always good, but nothing noteworthy came of it. I also walked pass a man who was having a cigarette outside a restaurant; I was carrying, at that particular moment, our 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 sign (always a popular one amongst the wicked...hee hee). The man was speaking to a friend in French, with a strong Parisian accent, and when he read the sign, he whispered:

"Look at this dirty son of *****"

He probably assumed I couldn't hear him, or that I didn't speak French (the gospel sign was in English), but I heard him and understood him. So I replied:

"Ce n'est pas très gentil, Monsieur" (that's not very nice sir)

The man got a shocked look on his face, and then defended himself by calling me a bigot for my views on homosexuality. I replied that I was proclaiming the truth of the Bible, and that if he had a problem with it, he could take it up with God. He continued to complain, so rather than causing an unfruitful scene, I walked away.

Other than that little strife, the night went pretty much as usual. I preach, they mock and reject. Oh Lord, be merciful to my city/country!


Oh! by the way, I'm going to be starting a "Read the Bible in a Year" schedule next week. I've got a plan here that will have me read a section of the Old Testament, and a section of the New Testament every day. I was thinking it would be fun if some of you would join in, we could keep each other accountable to our daily readings, and maybe share some discoveries along the way...

So! who's with me? (man! I hope I don't have an empty comment box with this...LOL)


Take care and have a good week in the Lord,

Rand