<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Why they hate George W. Bush

Thursday, November 25, 2004
it goes deeper than you might think...

The messy situation in Iraq, fiscal policies that favour the rich, unilateralism...etc. These are a few reasons some cite when asked why they hate George Bush and the Republican party. While they are some genuine concerns, the fact of the matter is, very few people ACTUALLY care about these things. These "reasons", for the most part, are "excuses".

-Excuses, you say?

-Yes, excuses.

Bush haters use excuses because giving the real reason for their loathing just doesn't SOUND RIGHT. Imagine someone saying:

-Oh! Bush! I hate him because he's an evangelical Christian.

Doesn't sound too good does it. Well folks, make no mistake, that's why they hate him. Now let me clarify my position before I continue. I'm not at all certain George Bush is a born-again Christian; a few of his positions and words in the past make me wonder if he's just a "religious" man. Be that as it may, it really doesn't matter, because in the end, he looks like an evangelical Christian, and that's enough for the hatred to show up.

And it doesn't start and end at George Bush. Look at the reactions to John Ashcroft's resignation; they showed scores of people cheering! Cheering!!!!

In my country, a few years back, we had an "evangelical Christian" heading the Conservative party. The man was blasted to bits. He was mocked and derided in the public place, on the television, radio, newspapers...you name it, he was crushed there.

Now am I saying that evangelical Christians are more harshly treated in politics? Uh...YES! Am I saying that it is wrong? Uh YES!!! Am I saying that this shouldn't be happening? Uh...NO!!!

-No???

-Yes...no!!! (LOL)


"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin." (Matthew 15:18-22)


For the world to hate Christians is as natural as dogs hating cats. Not just the common Christian out there, but the ones in positions of power/authority; actually, I would say that these are especially despised because of their influence. The fear being that through their godly influence, unbelievers would LOOK especially depraved and wicked and would find themselves having to hide their wickedness or having to outright give up their wickedness.

The Lord has been gracious to the Free World. Christians have enjoyed great freedoms, rights and prosperity in it, we have much to be thankful to God for. But listen, brothers and sisters, this isn't the norm. The world hated our master enough to brutally torture and murder him by crucifixion. Last time I checked, the world was still a depraved, wicked place; it will not have any love for the followers of a Man they murdered 2000 years ago.

"For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. " (1 John 3:11-13)