<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, November 20, 2004
gone crazy over a football game...

Again, just got back from a 3-hour street preaching stint. Lots of groups of people roaming the streets tonight looking for a party; you see the Grey Cup tournament will be played this Sunday, so alot of people have come into town to party and watch football.

Now, if you're a "glass-half-empty" kind of person (which is where I'm leaning right now), then I'd say the crowds were so drunk and in full party mentality, that all my preaching brought out was ridicule and scorn. If you're a "glass-half-full" kind of person, then I'd say there were definitely alot of people who read and heard the gospel tonight, and we never know where the seeds will find good ground.

I had a great chat with the Open-Air Campaigners (another group that does street evangelism on Friday nights). One of the men said they prayed for me before going out, that the Lord would give me courage and strength to go out tonight; that was such an encouragement to me.

And that was about my night of preaching. Now I'm going to rest/sleep.


Take care and God bless you,