<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, May 07, 2005
an interesting day...

I started reading an online autobiography of the lead singer of a rock band I use to absolutely love. It's a real rags to riches type story. In the "rags" phase, the man finds himself depressed on a park bench, feeling lost and lonely when he is approached by another man who gives him a pamphlet, and takes off without a word. When the singer looked at the pamphlet, he read "have you accepted Jesus as Saviour?" The pamphlet had such an impact on him (though he was never saved...not yet anyway) that he kept the pamphlet to this day.

Reading this story really encouraged me for the Street Ministry tonight. I thought to myself: the singer probably couldn't find the man who gave him that bible pamphlet, and the even the man who gave the pamphlet probably wouldn't recognize himself in the autobiography (I mean seriously, I don't remember any of the faces of the people I have given bible tracts to). And yet, the "seed" of the Word is working (maybe not unto salvation, but it definitely is having an effect).

I realized that when I finish a night of street preaching, I may very well be done and on my way to bed, but the Lord, well, "he neither slumbers or sleeps" (Psalm 121:4). He continues to work in the hearts of men, accomplishing His perfect will through the preaching of His Word. Praise God!

With this source of motivation I went out preaching tonight with our young convert (thanks be to God for giving him the desire to reach the lost). Because my brother in Christ is still to shy/uncomfortable with open-air preaching, it was up to my vocal chords. We were out for about 3 hours, and I managed to preach at least 2 hours of that time. We distributed a number of Bible pamphlets, had a few short conversations and myriads read the Gospel signs.

The crowds are getting bigger and bigger as the warmer weather is coming upon us, so the number of people exposed to the Gospel on our Friday night evangelism is greatly increased. Brothers and sisters in Christ, I covet your prayers for the salvation of many souls in my city, and that the Lord would be pleased to use me in bringing His salvation to His elect. Pray that the Lord would truly give me a heart for the lost, that as the Lord had compassion on the lost sheep in Jerusalem, I may have compassion on my fellow man in my city.

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:5-6)


Good night, dear readers,


Rand