<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

St-Rand of Assisi

Wednesday, April 20, 2005
No...I haven't gone Romanist...LOL...





A few days ago, I took my wife and my kids out for a nature walk. It was a lovely day. In the picture above, you can see me feeding a black-capped chickadee. These birds are notoriously bold; apparently, they didn't get God's memo that they were to have "a fear and dread of man" (Genesis 9:2).





And here are my earthly treasures; in the front, my first-born gem, and in the background, my two other little jewels with my "most rare pearl of high value", I call my wife.

I occasionally look at people around me who are living together outside of the bond of marriage, some with children, others without; people who are in other immoral relationships; people who are married but who don't want children. My conclusion: poor fools, you really don't know what you are missing and you really don't know just how empty your "replacement relationships" really are.

"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death" (Proverbs 8:36)

It sometimes hits me just how blessed I am to have such a beautiful, healthy, vibrant family, and just how much I cherish them. The Lord truly made the family to be a wonderful thing: A mother, a father and children under their care. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Rand

(btw...have you noticed? Someone has been having some fun with his mommy's digital camera...hee hee)