<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Friday, April 29, 2005
lots to say, though, not much change...

It has been a rough week for me and my church family. Our mid-week prayer meeting was cancelled due to everyone being sick with a terrible virus that is going around in my city. So, after a long week a fighting a nasty virus, my pastor and I were finally just well enough to head out for some street preaching. Both of us were at about 75% health/strength, which isn't great, but hey! with the two of us out there, it's 150% better than having no preachers out (hee hee!).

All and all, it was a good night. We preached for about 3 hours, with no one bothering or threatening us, we distributed a whole lot of gospel literature, and we had a few one-on-one conversations.

Best moments:

-I had a conversation with a man named Simon who asked me a few questions about my faith and after a brief exchange he said: "you know, as I get older, if there is one thing I have come to conclude about spiritual matters, it's this: it really is all by grace." A huge smile came on my face and said: "Couldn't agree more my friend." I encouraged him to study the Bible, and he said he would. He took a gospel tract, so please pray that the Lord would be very GRACIOUS to Simon.

-I had another conversation with a homosexual. He, at first, tried real hard to demonize me as a hateful guy who was out to get guys like him, but I calmly explained that I didn't hate sinners, I wanted them to repent and be at peace with God. He then explained to me how he had a dream once, and in it, he said, God told him that He accepted him exactly the way he was (as in, a homosexual). Well, I answered him, again quite kindly: "You see Sir, you put your faith in a dream, a dream that basically approved what you wanted approved. My faith is in the Bible, because God saved me. In the end, our faiths are different, and only one of us can be right, and one day, we'll both find out who was right, and who was following a fable." With that, he took his leave. I don't think anything much will happen there, but I was pleased that I was able to reason with him that the preaching of the Gospel was not equal to preaching HATRED towards homosexuals.

Worst moment:

By far my worst moment tonight happened when I was walking towards a crosswalk with a Gospel sign. In front of me was a young boy with his mother. When the mother saw me approaching the street corner, she turned her sons eyes away from me (and the sign) and said: "Oh! don't look at the stupid Jesus man." Poor lad, the person he trusts and loves the most, steering his eyes away from the Truth.


Well, that's all for tonight. I'm going to bed now. Have a great weekends my dear readers,

Rand