<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 08, 2005
a well deserved day...

Nothing remotely comes close to the intense relationship between children and their mothers. Whether the mother is on par with the "wicked witch of the west", or whether the mother is of the "Proverbs 31" type, the bond is there, and there to stay.

I've read a story about a poor soul who was abandoned by his mother at the tender age of 3; she disappeared without a trace and made no attempt to get in touch with her son. As a now famous adult, the mother reappeared; the man not only received her back into his life, but wept bitterly at her death a few years later. Amazing is the only word that comes to mind.

And this morning in my Sunday School class, I asked my students: "if you were stranded on an island with only 3 other persons, who would you want those persons to be?" All of them said two friends and, you guessed it, their mothers. When I asked: "If two of the persons left to look for help, who would you want to stay behind with you?" All of them answered: "Mom."

Amazing!

So have a wonderful Mother's Day, all you God-fearing, faithful mommies out there, you are all precious treasure of great value!


"The virtuous woman's children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her." (Proverbs 31:28)


On a personal note: To my Mom: have a great day Mom! I love you and will forever thank the Lord for your affection and care. To my wife: I praise God daily for the children that you brought into this world, and for the wonderful care and love you shower upon them.



Rand