<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Important Prayer Request

Sunday, May 08, 2005
a very urgent, and grave matter...

I just received this e-mail from my pastor. It's about Yangmi, a missionary we support in the Indian province of Manipur.


We had heard that Yangmi's son had a heart problem at birth. It seemed to have been taken care of by medication. But, Yangmi phoned this morning to inform us that the child, now 2 mos. old, has two holes in his heart and will die without surgery. The Doctors at Imphal (capital city of Manipur State) have advised that the child be taken to Bangalore where there is a hospital suited to his needs. This needs to be done now. I have told Yangmi to proceed and we will take care of their need. Yangmi has already been advised that the cost will at least $5000.00 U.S. Could be $10,000. We will have to wait until we hear what the Doctors in Bangalore say. Pray for traveling safety, accuracy and wisdom in analysis, wisdom on how to proceed.

May God's will be done.

This is the third major offensive by Satan against Yangmi since he began this good work Sept.'98. A year into the work Yangmi was almost stricken a fatal blow by typhoid fever. He has been used to establish a proper Baptist Church, independent from the mostly apostate Convention of Baptist Churches that exists. Representatives from the Convention offered him a Pastorate if he would leave his holy ways. Yangmi kept on and has been used to lead 20 other Churches out of the Convention and is influencing others. Since his marriage to Philawon, they lost their first child at 3 weeks of age, the second child died before birth, and this third child has this serious problem. I could tell that Yangmi is a very discouraged man. He said to me, "What is God doing to me?" So pray for Yangmi & Philawon's spiritual stability. We will keep you informed as we are informed.


Love in Christ,



Please pray for brother Yangmi and his wife, and pray for my pastor as he decides how to best come to Yangmi's assistance in this tragic affair. Also, pray for me, for there is no way I'm just going to stand by and let my brother in Christ lose his son and/or ruin himself financially. I don't have 5,000-10,000$ US to spare, but I assure you I'll find a way to put it together somehow before I turn a blind eye and deaf ear to a faithful missionary's needs.

I'll keep you posted on this situation,

Rand