<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Eight Years

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
she's a tough girl I tell ya!!!

It's January 31st!

My wife and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. I know... I know: "who gets married in the middle of winter!?!" Well... we did! And a wonderful wedding it was! I mean, you couldn't do this on any old summer day. Yep, that's us, skating on the Rideau Canal (the longest outdoor ice rink in the world) right after the wedding ceremony.

The Bible says:

"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22)

And Solomon gets a big AMEN out of me on that one. Married life is great... it really is. My wife is a rare pearl of high value, and there is no doubt that she is a blessing from God Himself to me. It's been a very eventful 8 years, and I look forward to many more adventures with my help meet, my lovely Twinkle.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)

Threefold cord: Rand + Twinkle + The Lord.

Rand