<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Friday, January 27, 2006
a bad bunch...

Yet another warmer than normal January night (warm for Canada), a good night for street preaching. We spent our normal 3 hours preaching the Gospel and distributing Bible tracts to a mostly hostile people. There were no serious persecution or hardship, but our preaching, for the most part, was NOT well received.

On a number of occasions tonight, people would walk up to me to get one of my tracts, not knowing what they were about. After seeing the titles, most made faces expressing disgust and revoltion. Others still made vulgar, scornful comments. These observations again reminded me: they really, really hate God! They hate to be reminded of Him, they hate the very thought of Him.

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." (John 15:18-20)

More Bad:

A police officer tried to shut us down early tonight; he ordered my pastor to leave the marketplace. He said he got complaints about our preaching. My pastor diplomatically offered to move to a different street to preach, and the police officer let us go. The officer was NOT a pleasant character.

Some Good:

I was holding a Gospel sign and distributing Bible tracts when a man actually pulled his car over, lowered the window and asked me for a tract. He really went out of his way to get the literature. I hope that this is the beginning of salvation for him.

A little after that, I was walking down a street (again with the Gospel sign), when I heard a man speaking in French behind me:

"C'est un jehovah..." he said to his friend. (translation: he's a jehovah, as in a jehovah's witness)

I made sure to turn around and make it clear to him that I most certainly was NOT a follower of the WatchTower; I explained to him that I was a follower of the Jesus of the Bible. The man walked with me for quite a bit of time and we had a very good chat. His friend kept making fun of me, but the man defended me and apologized for his friend's rudeness. I left a Bible tract with the men. Again, I hope the Lord will do something for these souls.


On that note, I'm going to close tonight's notes. I have a very busy weekend, and I need some rest to face it. Please pray for me, as I will be preaching on Lord's Day (the evening service).

Good night, dear readers,


Rand