<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Sadly... No Street Preaching Tonight...

Friday, September 19, 2008
the curse of asthma...




There are no Friday Night Notes tonight, for I was unable to go out street preaching. Last night, my little girl spent the night coughing and wheezing, the consequence of a cold virus and her asthma. My daughter's condition deteriorated significantly today, so my wife and I ended up at the Children's Hospital; we spent a good 8-9 hours there, watching a team of 9 health care professionals work to get my daughter's blood-oxygen level to normal. What a day!

I'm pretty exhausted right now... so I'll keep this post short. After watching this monitor for about 6 hours, hoping and praying for my little girl's blood oxygen to stay above 92%, I have to say... I pretty brain-dead.

The good news is that the hospital released my daughter after several rounds of steroids and oxygen masks, and she seems to be breathing far easier at the moment. She's not out of the woods yet though, the pediatrician gave us drugs and puffers which will have to be administered every 4 hours in order to keep my little one's lungs open and clear. Good times... good times...

I appreciate all your prayers, dear saints of God.

Remember me also in your prayers as I am playing the role of pastor for the next two weeks, while pastor Tim is away on vacation.

God bless you, dear readers...


Rand