<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

The Most Wretched Work of the Year

Sunday, August 24, 2008
wish I'd never seen half of what I saw today...

Today was first and foremost: the Lord's Day.

Sadly, in the realm of the wicked, today was the Sodomite parade (aka Pride parade), the day I dread every year. It was... well... it was just about as bad, base, degrading and depraved as you can well imagine... and then some.

As is our custom, pastor Tim and I went to the "Pride parade" with our Bible signs to protest the wicked event. We stood on each side of the street, holding up God's Word, trying hard not to focus on the ungodly spectacle taking place all around us, but at the same time, keeping an eye on our immediate surroundings, for we were definitely in hostile territory. When we first arrived, a group of young people started to threaten me, saying things like:

"We should beat you up!"

"Let's get a water gun and shoot Javex at him!"

After those brilliant remarks, they started throwing drinks at me and as I tried to get away from them, another sodomite violently pushed me. What happened then was interesting. You see, what was happening to me at that moment, was exactly what those young people wanted to see happen to me: getting a beating and being humiliated. Yet, what they wished for brought them no satisfaction. Quite on the contrary, their own evil started making them uncomfortable. One of the young ladies even came up beside me and said:

"I'm sorry for what my friend did..."

Praise God for the ministry of the Holy Spirit in this fallen world! Does not the Scriptures say that the Holy Ghost would deal with sin in the unbelieving world, as well as in the believing world:

"And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment." (John 16:8)

Thankfully, the young people left me alone after all this, no longer finding religious persecution amusing. I also praise God that that was the only violence I suffered today. We were mocked and scorned to no end, but that's where it ended.

It was difficult to watch the young children taking part in that wicked parade, and watching the abomination from the curb. A man who was just passing by, who was clearly disgusted with the parade, said to me:

"Look, they are teaching children to be immoral like them!"

There were also "churches" involved in the parade; a "United church" and an "Anglican church" (two denominations which are, spiritually, as dead as doornails). These were marching with "Bible signs" of their own, having cherry-picked a few verses from the Bible that made it seem like the Lord blessed immorality. Of all the wicked souls in that parade, I would venture a guess that these were the most evil of the bunch; for these weren't only immoral, they blasphemed the Holy Word of God.

That, in a nutshell, was how I spent my afternoon. As I said to pastor Tim as we walked back to his place: "Well, we survived another one." I could share a lot more, but I really don't want to, and in the end, you really don't think you want any more details.

I really don't know what to do with myself after that abominable parade. I mean... do I just go back home and have a nice nap? Do I have a good lunch and go about my normal day? I guess prayer is the answer... so I'll do that right now.

God bless you, dear readers, and please, remember me in your prayers, dear saints of the Living God.


Rand

Labels: ,