<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, May 16, 2009
troubled on every side...


So many things this week has caused me to be annoyed... and I mean annoyed... bordering on aggravation. Most of the issues were nonetheless dealt with and I looked forward to a night of street preaching free from distractions. Don't get me wrong, I always steel myself against the folly, hatred and even violence of the wicked when we go out to preach the Gospel, but I was glad to be able to preach without some nonsense plaguing the back of my mind. Barely one hour went by, and I was annoyed again.

I don't want to gripe, nor do I want to publicly shame men who are surely my brothers-in-the-Lord, so I'll only say this: a group of Christians were out tonight to do some evangelism, and they showed us very little respect/consideration. And that's putting it mildly. I couldn't believe... and I still can't believe what they did. A man told me to "bite him", another shook his head and called me an idiot, and yet another mocked me in front of an audience... not much fun, but none of these bothered me near as much as the misconduct of my fellow evangelists.

Okay... deep breath... and think and act like the Lord Jesus Christ. No point being aggravated. The Lord is judge and I will plead my cause to him. Everything else is vanity, if not sin.

The only conversations we had tonight was with mockers and scorners, so I won't bother relaying any of them here. Lots of people stopped to listen to some of our preaching, and a fair number of people took Bible tracts; so there was some positive. Still though, by the end of our evangelistic effort, I was starting to feel pretty down. The spiritual situation is Canada is nothing short of dire and the goings-on in the market are a clear indicator. I know EXACTLY what king David meant when he wrote:

"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3)

The absurdity... the wretched absurdity of the words I've heard and the actions I have seen... an intoxicated woman who needed the assistance of two men to carry her back home told me I needed to get a life... a drug addict professing to being converted doing his best to show me that "the Way" is the WatchTower, the so-called "Jehovah's Witness"... a young woman who was wearing so little that she had to tug her top up, and her bottom down, yet she proudly proclaimed to loving God...

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm telling you... sometimes it all makes me dizzy.

I suppose it would be best for me to just end this post here, and get some rest. The following Scripture comes to mind:

"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." (Psalm 127:2)

Have a blessed weekend, dear readers. Enjoy the Lord's Day.


Rand

Labels: