<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, June 27, 2009
preaching to the deaf and blind...


It's been an exceeding long day. A particularly long work week, a 10-hour work day, and then 2.5 hours of street preaching makes for a very tired Rand.

I was half-an-hour late tonight (due to work), so I caught up with pastor Tim who had already started preaching in the marketplace. Not a whole lot to report tonight. We were, for the most part, mocked or simply ignored; much to our chagrin. The good news is that we weren't seriously threatened tonight, and we were able to preach the Gospel without hindrance.

The only conversation I had tonight was with a lost soul named... get this... Emmanuel. Well, Emmanuel wasn't doing to well. He claimed that he was born-again, having the Holy Spirit in him, but he also claimed that drug use was helping him worship God. Oh dear. I explained that there was no way he could be a slave to drugs and the bondservant of the Lord Jesus Christ at the same time. The lost soul then said:

"But I pray to God all the time, that if I were doing something wrong, He'd tell me right away!"

"Yes, Emmanuel," I said, "and God has answered your prayer! He sent a street preacher tonight to tell you that you are doing something wrong, and that you need to repent!"

Emmanuel didn't argue against my statement at all. Deep down, he knew he was and is in deep spiritual trouble. Despite this realization, Emmanuel left me as spiritually dead as when he first walked up to me. The Lord be merciful unto him.

This lost sinner was but one drop in the sea of lost souls we preached to tonight. Thousands heard and consequently rejected the Gospel of Life, preferring vain and wicked paths that has never, nor can ever satisfy. Spiritual blindness and deafness is the order of the day in Canada. I sometimes feel like I got Isaiah's ministry:

"And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed." (Isaiah 6:9-10)

No point whining about the situation, God knows what He's doing and His will is being fulfilled in me, as in the lost. Glory to His Name.

One bright moment came as pastor Tim and I walked back home: a young lady walked by us, and after reading one of our Bible signs, said:

"Wow! God bless you guys!"

The Lord bless her for her kindness.


I'm going to bed now... I need the rest.

God bless you all, dear readers.


Rand

Labels: