<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 09, 2010
dynamic duo... together again...

It had been quite a while since pastor Tim and I were together for a Friday night of street evangelism... it was good to have my old partner back!

We were only out for a couple of hours tonight since I was late making it downtown; I was stuck working long hours in the lab. Nevertheless, we made those hours count by preaching the Gospel, handing Bible tracts and holding forth our Bible signs. The overall reception was pretty poor. There were very few souls in the market tonight, and the souls who were there were mostly antagonistic to the Gospel (our poor Bible signs were oft pushed down to the ground).

I suppose it was "lesbian night" for me. I was twice faced by lesbian couples who felt the best insult they could cast at me was for them to kiss each other. Can't say it did too much for me. Both times I shrugged and sighed a quiet: "meh". One one of the occasions I offered a Bible tract to one of the women and she said:

"But I'm a sinner!"

"Jesus saves sinners," I replied.

I honestly believe I saw a trace of shame in the woman's eyes as she walked away. The Lord have mercy on her, and save her from her abominable sins.

Pastor Tim had a long conversation with a young Arab man. He told me that the conversation was quite courteous and earnest. The young man took a Bible tract and thanked Pastor Tim for his time. I hope that that was the beginning of something spiritually good!

That's about all I have to report for tonight. Like I said, it was a real quiet night in the marketplace. I do want to acknowledge and thank the three or four saints who offered me kind words of encouragement when I was handing out Bible tracts; it's always pleasant to know you have brothers and sisters who appreciate your efforts.

Have a blessed weekend in the Lord everyone, and to everyone in Canada, happy thanksgiving!


Rand

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Labels: