<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, November 06, 2010
cold... wet... empty...


I honestly can't remember the last time the marketplace was that empty on a Friday night. Granted, it was cold, and it rained on and off all night long, but normally, such conditions don't deter "night life" revelers in my city.

I went through long stretches tonight where there wasn't a single soul to minister to. At one point, I decided to leave my usual street preaching spot and seek out the lost on other streets. The only place I found any serious numbers of souls were at the downtown bus stops. So I walked from bus shelter to bus shelter with my Bible sign in one hand, and some Gospel tracts in the other. In the end, I didn't preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to a lot of people, but I did share the Gospel with significantly more souls than I would have, had I stayed home!

I only stayed out for about 2 hours due to a combination of poor weather, working late and a meeting with Pastor Tim regarding some church business. I went out by myself tonight since Pastor Tim had a number of studies and church documents to work on. I wasn't all alone for long however since the Lord sent Eli and John, two Christian brothers we got to know a couple of years ago, to encourage me. It was good to see these brothers, though it was a bit disappointing to learn that neither of them did any mass evangelism anymore. I hope the Lord will cause that to change.

There were few more Christians tonight that came by to offer me some support. There were also a few mockers. I remember a young homosexual who seeing me standing on a street corner with my Bible sign said:

"Wouldn't it suck if you lived your whole life this way only to find out it was all for nothing?"

Being a mocker and a coward, the young man quickly walked away before I could give him an answer. My answer probably would've been something like this:

"I don't know, when I consider my beautiful family, my fulfilling job, my Christian family and local church... I can't say any of it really "sucks". It's all pretty good actually. Now, if you are referring to the hardships of street evangelism, well yeah, it would suck if it were 'all for nothing'. Thing is, I know it isn't."

That 's all I really have to report tonight. Like I said, it was pretty quiet. I did give out a good number of Gospel Tracts to people in the bus shelters; please pray that these seeds would find good ground.

The Lord use tonight evangelistic effort as He sees fit, and may He be magnified now and forever. Amen.


Rand

Labels:

12:49 AM
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous LarryHu said…

    Thank the Lord for your faithfulness. Being in the right place at the right time in the Lord is always important. As you know & as I am learning, ONE soul makes a difference.
    I often evangelize in small towns, and unless there are events happening the crowds can seem sparce, therefore your comment, "but I did share the Gospel with significantly more souls than I would have, had I stayed home!" was a refreshing warmth to my weary soul.
    Let us not be weary in welldoing.
    Brother your steadfastness in the Lord is an inspiration from God to me to press on, so many mile away.

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink