<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, November 20, 2010
a gentler, softer Christianity...


It's getting colder and colder out there, but I dressed up and took my place in the marketplace to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was just me again tonight; Pastor Tim was just too tired to come out (he's been working full time, 6-days a week, on a major painting job). So minutes after I left his house to make my way downtown, the good preacher was probably sound asleep!

It was another relatively quiet night of preaching. The traffic of people was steady but only small groups would walk by. Nothing like the constant flow of thousands of people walking passed our Bible signs every hour. There will probably be an increase in souls in the market in the coming weeks, as people will be going out for Christmas parties.

A young Asian lady came to speak to me early in my night of evangelism. She professed to be a believer and said she was currently attending the church I was married in. At first I thought: "Ah! a sister-in-the-Lord". Sadly, things went South pretty quick when we started talking. She asked me the classic question: "do you really think that your method of evangelism works?" After that, she tried her best to explain to me how young people today didn't want to hear anything about sin, so she felt it was profitable to stop using that word and changing it to something like "misbehaviour" or "wrongdoing". I tried really hard not to sigh. After explaining to the young lady that not only did I preach on sin, but that I clearly stated what acts are to be classified as sin. She didn't have much time for me after that.

As I watched the young lady walk away, I felt such sadness for the myriad of other professors such as her. Absolutely ignorant of the true Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, yet claiming to have hold on it. She further showed her lack of wisdom by giving money to a panhandler a few yards away from where I was preaching: more money for the booze and drug habit. The Lord help both these souls.

Moments later a man walked by me, and as he laughed and mocked me, he asked:

"Do you really believe in God?"

"I do," I replied, "and you will to... sooner or later, you will."

I truly hope, for his sakes, it will be soon (in this life, of course).

I gave out just a few Bible tracts, but I had some real favorable responses from those who did receive them. The Lord use these "seeds" to save His people from their sins. To Him be honour, glory and majesty, now and forever, amen.

Remember me in your prayers this weekend, dear saints. Lord willing, I will be preaching the evening service at church service this Lord's Day evening.

God bless you, dear readers...


Rand

Labels:

12:25 AM
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Pierre Saikaley said…

    Don't you love it when "Christians" debate you about your method??

    I recall someone saying that your "mehtod" isn't even relevant now b/c we live in a post-modern world. LOL.

    I totally disagree with that. Biblical preaching is the way God saves people, and it's even MORE useful today than ever.

    Keep up the good work.

    Pierre S.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    It's good to hear from you, Pierre. Hope all is well with you and yours!

    God bless,

    Rand

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous LarryHu said…

    Brother I realize that Thanksgiving Day 2010 has passed in Canada, but here in the southern USA we acknowledge our day of thanks today, November 25th.
    So while I was thinking on things I am thankful for, I recalled you and A Form of Sound Words blog and the encouragement a far away stranger has been to me this year.
    Bless our Lord Jesus Christ and thank you for Boldly sharing Sound Words!

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink