<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 05, 2013
physically exhausted...

Going out street preaching tonight was, without a doubt, pushing it.  I worked a 12-hour workday yesterday, and another 10-hours in the lab today... and decided to go out street preaching 'till 11pm in the market.  I'm absolutely whipped.

My legs and feet were killing me out there tonight, but I managed to soldier on, handing out Gospel literature and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The market was much quieter than last week, but we still handed out a fair amount of literature, and both Pastor Tim and I had a few one-on-one conversations with people about the faith of Jesus Christ.

There was lots of drunkenness tonight.  I mean, there are always drunks walking around the market on Friday nights, but there seemed to be much more of them tonight.  Some were young, some old... all of them walking crooked, slurring their words, behaving foolishly; it was quite a sad sight.

Around 9pm, I spoke to three young ladies who came with questions concerning sexual immorality.  They were obviously looking to mock, but I gave them very little to mock.  I kept my answers short and biblical.  Seeing they couldn't easily make a fool of me, they took some Gospel tracts and walked away.  The Lord have mercy on them.

Around 10:30pm, I spoke to a young man named Josh, a drunkard; and that's not me saying it, he confessed he was a drunk and felt he needed help.  A gave him the Gospel and told him that the Lord saves sinners, even drunkards.  I invited him to church on the Lord's Day and he said he'd come... and I think he was sincere.  He asked for prayer and said he felt the only thing that could help him right now is the Lord.  I hope and pray that this is the beginning of the work of salvation in Josh's life.

Just before leaving the market, both Pastor Tim and I had a conversation with a man who desperately tried to justify himself in his sins.  Poor fellow, he kept trying to get us to agree with his self-justifications and we kept saying "no" and a brief explanation from the Bible as to why we were saying "no".  Like the rich young ruler in Scripture, the man left grieved and sorrowful.  I pray that this sorrow will one day be unto salvation.

That'll be the notes for tonight, I'm dead tired, and I'm falling asleep writing this post.  Have a safe and good weekend, dear readers.

Rand