<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, May 14, 2005
sometimes it just makes me want to cry...

Another week done, another night of street preaching. Just my pastor and I tonight. It turned kind of cool up here these last few days, but we still preached the Gospel for approximately 3 hours. There wasn't too much aggravation or trouble, but there wasn't much sign of spiritual life either.

It really is amazing, you know, the scores and scores of people who mock, reject and hate the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ; and therefore consequently, the huge number of souls who are walking the broad way, that leadeth to destruction (Matthew 7:13). Let's see now, I was told on many occasions to "get a life", a homosexual walked up to me a described some of his perversions just to see if he'd get me angry (which of course, only made me sad), a couple of Muslims came along and asserted Allah was "the way", and finally was told that I was blaspheming God because I believed in the Bible-Only.

I would have been on one serious downer after tonight, but a couple of Reformed Presbyterians came along, and though we are apart on many important doctrines, they really refreshed my soul. They thanked me and encouraged me for the work I was doing. And then they crossed the street and did the same to my pastor.

Remember my brothers and sisters, if you see an evangelist working at the Great Commission in any shape or form, stop by and encourage him. Help him/her if you can. Evangelism can be quite the burden sometimes, especially when one is by himself/herself. The world can really wear on a person when the times are evil, let us refresh one another with teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord (Colossians 3:16).

With that, I'm off to bed! My church has organized a hike in the mountains tomorrow and I have been asked to preach to the group in the afternoon, so I need my rest.

Good night, and God bless you, dear readers,


Rand