<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Sticks and Stones...

Thursday, May 12, 2005
what are they thinking...

In these last few weeks, I have fallen victim to a fair bit of mockery and insult (you may have not seen any, I have deleted and banned many comments/commentors). I must say, this kind of makes me happy. LOL. A preacher knows he is preaching something good when the wicked get riled up.

How do I know that those who mock/insult me are wicked?

Simple. Mockery and insult are the tools of the wicked. A child of God is not to use these ungodly elements to convey any message. They are of the devil.

"But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. " (Jude 17-19)

I will quickly answer some of my critics attacks though, in the faint hope that I may shame some of them, to the salvation/sanctification of their souls.


1- "You're a Romaphobe!"

This one makes me laugh. I take it that this word is meant to convey the idea that I, ignorantly, hate Romanists. The problem is, that isn't what this made up word means. "Roma" means Rome, but "phobe" would be from "phobia" which means "fear of". LOL. I assure you that I have no fear of Romanism. I WAS A ROMANIST!

Be that as it may, I do not IGNORANTLY reject Romanism. I reject it because I know their heresies and their wicked practices. I USED TO ENGAGE IN THEM. I have put more years in Romanism than most of my recent detractors.

To close this one, if you want to make the charge more accurate, try "anti-romanist" or "aromanist". It will at least be more accurate. And while you are at it, you may want to ask yourself, my dear romanist, if mockery and slander are part of your official dogma.


2- "You're harsh!":

I sometimes do come across as direct and harsh in my posts and comments, but that is a limitation of the medium used. No one can really tell what my tone is when reading my posts/comments. I do not and WILL NOT use little "happy faces", and flattery to gain anyone's favour. I post the Bible way:

"He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue." (Proverbs 28:23)


3- "You're arrogant!":

Now this one is a classic! I post something I am absolutely convinced of, someone takes exception, which means, of course, I'm arrogant! (Rand rolls his eyes here)

What my detractor needs to come to understand here is that for him to declare that I am wrong in a matter, pretty much means he believes he is right. And if that is that case, well, we got a "kettle and teapot" situation.

One may charge: "but you think you are right in everything you post!" My answer to that is simple: "That's because, if not otherwise stated, I post about things I'm really sure about!"


4- "You're a legalist!"

Another one that makes me laugh! A legalist, when applied to Christianity, is one who seeks justification through works. I am no such person. I believe, as the Bible clearly teaches:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I would also argue here that as a Calvinist, I take salvation by the grace of God to a level that even most Bible-believing Christians don't go to.


5- "You're a hypocrite!"

Well, for this one, I will answer in a challenge. You say I'm a hypocrite? Prove it! Here's my challenge: "you come see me and spend the week by my side, and then see how hypocritical I am!" It's easy to charge someone with hypocrisy without any knowledge of them.


There are a whole lot more insults that were hurled at me that don't even merit a response (like I'm akin to the KKK, I am chauvinistic pig who demeans his wife and kids, I want everyone to go to Hell while I go to Heaven...etc...). Such juvenile comments are a real bore and you can rest assured that they will take their part in my "delete bin" as quickly as I can push the "DEL" button. So far, I've been able to keep evil comments off my blog, but if things get worst, be advised that I know have the "moderation" option on my Haloscan account. Which means, the day may come when all submitted comments to this blog will have to be approved by me before being published.

I want to end this one on a good note, so I'm going to thank all of you who have visited, and continue to visit my blog and who have left intelligent and pertinent comments over the last few months; Aimz, Pete, Tim, Kristen, Meg, Scott, Joe, Julianne, Mama, Michael, Eric, Jeff, ArBee, John, Brad and Maury... a sincere thank you, and hope you all continue to enjoy A Form of Sound Words.

Take care,


Rand