<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Morning/Night Notes

Saturday, August 19, 2006
it's been a busy day...

Well, I had the week off my secular job, but not my Christian work. Alot of evangelistic work was done today, here's a summary:


10:30am-1pm:

Sadly, today was the beginning of "pride week" in my city. To those of you who do not know what that is, you are most blessed. "Pride week" is when Sodomites get together for a week of revelry. They organize these festivals in all of Canada's major (and not so major) cities, being careful to offset the dates for each city so that they can "import" Sodomites from other cities in an attempt to make their numbers seem bigger than they really are.

Anyway, to mark the beginning of this ungodliness, the Sodomites got together at city hall to raise their despicable rainbow flag (for all of us who know what the rainbow is a token of, you have to laugh, or maybe cry at the irony). The mayor himself set his blessing on the wicked events. In effect, my city was saying: "this is good, we're behind you!"

Well, my pastor wasn't going to let that happen without reminding these wicked souls that there is one Authority, THE AUTHORITY, who has a real problem with this "festival". So he asked me if I would go to their evil event with a Gospel sign. I accepted immediately.

"God turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly." (2 Peter 2:6)

That's what was written on my sign. I got a few hisses and jeers, but all and all, the Sodomites did there best to ignore me; though all of them read the sign... multiple times. There is even little doubt that our wicked mayor both saw and read the sign. Praise God. Other than that, I had a few one-on-one conversations, not many though, but I was glad that I was able to share the Gospel with at least a couple of souls.

There was one somewhat humorous moment; one that really shows the bias of the MSM (mainstream media): a camera crew from the CBC was covering the event. Near the end, the crew filmed me holding up my Gospel sign. The woman who organized the event was incensed! She walked right up to the cameraman and said: "You are not covering that, are you?" I'll give you all three guesses as to who was excluded from the 2-3 minute CBC report on the "pride" event.


8pm-11pm:

Our usual time of evangelism. My pastor and I made our way back to our spot, in front of the parking garage, with our Gospel signs and our Bible literature. The people in the marketplace gave us the customary reception to the Gospel preaching: mockery, scorn, hatred... etc.

For the first hour and a half though, despite the antagonism of most of our hearers, we were able to preach the Gospel of Truth without serious distraction. Things went awry in the last half. You see, our old friend, Matthew the drunkard showed up to panhandle for booze money. Matthew the drunkard has no affection for us or the Gospel we preach. We have tried numerous times to make peace with Matthew, but to no avail. Sadly, Matthew has destroyed himself so badly with alcohol abuse, even basic reasoning is difficult if not impossible; his brain, quite frankly, is fried.

Anyway, as we preached, Matthew would regularly shout "Shut up!" along with some threatenings which I have come to take seriously, since, I have been on the receiving end of one of Matthew's punches in the past. This went on for a good half hour. Finally, the security guards that work in the parking garage as well as the police tried to deal to poor Matthew but again, to no avail. The security guards have no real power, and the police really don't want to arrest a "dead-end-drunk."

So despite the various attempts by law enforcement agents to get rid of Matthew, we were stuck dealing with him all night long. Always watching our backs, always wondering if he was just going to mouth off, or if we were going to get clobbered. Praise God, he just mouthed off tonight.

Sad moment of the night: I ran into a lady we had shared the Gospel with a few weeks ago (see under "Trying to make their own rules"). She didn't show any signs of true repentance, but I was hopeful that the Lord might deal with her because she was so upset by my preaching, it had brought her to tears. I was hopeful that those tears were the beginning of the fear of the Lord. Those hopes were dashed tonight. While she was still somewhat upset, she was out in the market again, up to no good, and this time, she was armed with a deep hatred of anything I had to say. The Lord be merciful to her.

Hilarious moment of the night: One of the many security guards that attempted to deal with Matthew also had a big problem with our presence. So he ordered us away from the parking garage. He wouldn't even let us stand on the publicly owned sidewalk in front of the garage, claiming that the sidewalk belonged to the garage. Well, my pastor, who is wise as a serpent, and harmless as a dove (Matthew 10:16), not wanting to senselessly argue took one step off the sidewalk, and started preaching. My pastor was a whopping 2 inches from where the security guard said we couldn't preach, but there was no way he could claim that the street belonged to his building, so he left us alone. I could barely keep myself from laughing as I watched the security guards face, as he watched my pastor preaching.

And that's the notes for tonight, I'm off to bed now. If you have the time, drop by my sister-in-the-Lord's (Pearl) blog, Of Great Price. I have meditated, all day today, on the verse she has posted at the top of her August 18th entry.

Take care,


Rand