<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, August 26, 2006
the offence of the Gospel...

I've just returned from our usual three hours of evangelism in the marketplace of our city, and what a heartbreak it was tonight. We get nights like tonight from time to time, where the masses just can't show us even the bare minimum of civility. We were maligned and mocked on mass tonight.

Oddly enough, the night actually started out well. One of my co-workers, who is not a believer, made it a point to stop by and say "hello". She said: "I wanted to make sure you didn't think I'd snub you!" The Lord show her mercy and grace for your kindness towards me.

There were also a couple of souls that walked by me as I was carrying a John 3:36 Gospel sign and they thanked me and encouraged me with kind words. They were probably believers, though I can't be sure, our encounters were kept pretty short.

I'd say these "sweeter" moments took place in the first hour of our night of preaching; after that, we had a solid two hours of pure hatred and derision. We got it all tonight: "Go home!", "You idiots!", "Shut up! We don't care!", "We love Satan!", "I'm a sinner and I love it!", "I hate Jesus!"... and I'm only jotting down the "cleaner" declarations which were hurled at us. The profanity flowed like water tonight, and most of it washed up on my pastor and I. Good times... good times.

Not surprisingly, there were a lot more homosexuals out in the market tonight. It's no surprise because they are having their detestable parade this Lord's Day afternoon. Interestingly enough though, the bulk of insults against us were not from this particular group of sinners. For the most part, they ignored us tonight. Please pray that the Lord will use my pastor and I this Sunday, as we will be going to the "pride parade" with our Gospel signs; pray for protection from harm, and more importantly, that the Lord would see it fit to save some of these lost souls.

Speaking of safety, I suppose I shouldn't whine too much about our night, the Lord did give us a safe night. No violence, or threat of violence, whatsoever. We were able to preach without hindrance, and I am pleased to report that the Bible was preached in the marketplace tonight. We were maligned, we were ridiculed, but by the preaching of His Holy Word, God was glorified.

It is hard to watch though: so many souls destroying themselves, hardening themselves in the vilest sin, and condemning themselves before God. It's quite disheartening.

Oh Lord, have mercy.

"It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law." (Psalm 119:126)

Good night, dear readers.


Rand