<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Early Friday Notes

Friday, October 17, 2008
evangelism report from the Southern Kingdom...

Brother Robert, from "Go Share Your Faith", went out street preaching last night in his part of the globe; West Virginia to be specific. He sent me the following report:

----------

Happy Friday, I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm tired today. But a good tired. I went to WVU last night to witness to the lost in the bar district; High street and surrounding streets. I got home at about 2:15am and I've about had it.I won't write much today except to mention a sad encounter that I had.

Most of the people you meet up there consider themselves Christians. If you ask them, they'll all say that they are saved. But ask them if they read their bible…no. Ask them if they HAVE a bible….some. And they are out there on High street for one reason; "to have a good time!" as they usually put it.Sadly, this is the state of our youth. They've been deceived…duped into thinking that they've had their "ticket punched" and they are "good to go." Modern Christianity with it's stress on the antics of Charles Finney with his "easy believism" and teary alter calls has done much damage to the faith. They've duped a generation (actually a few generations) into believing that if you pray a prayer, you are good to go and God cares not a whit about how you conduct your life.

I didn't even catch her name. I was standing on a street corner, just finished preaching, and a young woman was waiting to cross the street. She was dressed like a hooker, smelled like booze, and was very glassy-eyed. She took a tract from one of my fellow preachers and when asked, said that she was saved…hmmm. I asked her a simple question: "what are you doing out here at 1:00am then?" She bowed up on me a little bit and said that she's out here to "have a good time." I asked her what it meant to "have a good time" and did it involve drinking to excess?…she told me she didn't like the way my questions were going and pulled out the "are you judging me" card.I told her no…I wasn't judging her, I was just asking her to reconcile for me, that she professed to being a Christian, bought by the blood of Christ, living for Him everyday, yet out on the streets of Morgantown dressed so provocatively and mostly drunk to boot!She told me "What's wrong with the way I'm dressed? (her outfit was short as can be, tight as can be, and verrrry low cut. Wha??). I said, "If you died this instant, and had to stand before God, would He be pleased at what you're wearing?At that she told me that she didn't like this conversation, and bolted across the street in a huff.

Trust me…she isn't unique…I met many like that last night…so toasted that they couldn't see straight or form a sentence…yet they are all going to Heaven…Please, let's clean up this mess. Let's tell the truth about Christianity, no more "easy-believism" ok? Let's call sin what it is…let's quit telling people that Jesus just loves them any old way they are and tell them that the wrath of God abides on them and they are sinners, that are commanded to repent before a just and holy God.

I trust that God will call His own, that this is not a surprise to Him, a bad message cannot thwart His plans, His sheep know His voice… but let's quit shaming Christ by not telling the truth of the message He's entrusted to us. He deserves better. Praise to God for the tracts that got handed out…for the people that heard the good news of Jesus Christ.

Soli Deo Gloria

bob

-----------

Please pray for Brother Robert and the men who serve the Lord with him.

The Lord bless your efforts, Brother Robert, and know that you have a brother in the Northern Kingdom who is involved in the same work, amongst a people who are just as hard.


Rand

Labels: