<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 04, 2008
c-c-c-cold...


Every year at about this time I'm caught off guard by Canada's frigid Fall weather. I went out with a couple of sweaters and a small jacket, but I still froze all night. Next week, Lord willing, I'll be ready.

It was, as always, an interesting night of street preaching. It was good to have Pastor Tim back from his trip to Great Britain, two street preachers are definitely better than one! Pastor Tim had a number of conversations with sinners tonight and I gave out a fair number of Bible tracts. Both of us had a chance to speak with Mike, a young man I witnessed to a few months ago; he still unsaved, but praise God, he still can't walk passed us without stopping to talk.

Sadly, there was plenty of hatred and mockery directed at us tonight. Oh dear... some of the vile things we hear... and see! Example: a young man walked by me and accepted a Bible tract I was offering... upon receiving it, he spat on it and threw it to the ground. As far as the words, well it wouldn't be proper for me to repeat the blasphemies and the coarse language we endured tonight. Do I ever live amongst a people of unclean lips...

Those of you who have been reading my blog for some time will remember a man named Richard, who visited our church on a number of occasions in the past. Well, I saw him again tonight. He was carrying a paper bag which more than likely was concealing a bottle of booze. Suffice it to say that Richard didn't have any time to talk to me tonight. Poor lost soul, the Lord be merciful unto him...

Moments after seeing Richard, a young man with piercings all over his face walked up to me and asked me to stop forcing my religion on others...

"Do I have a gun?" I asked.

"No," he answered.

"A knife?" I pressed.

"No," he again said, "but you don't need that to force your religion on others."

"Okay," I said with a grin on my face, "how am I doing it then? Am I using the power of my mind to force you to believe in what I'm preaching?"

Not having a reasonable and coherent answer to give me, he just yelled at me for a short moment and walked away. I wondered for a brief moment why my evangelism upset him so much, and then the reason came to me: he didn't want to be reminded. I assure you, that young man, on a daily basis, sees and hears things that he doesn't like or that he disapproves of, and yet, he doesn't get at all worked up about it. He just shrugs and moves on. Ah! but when faced with the Gospel... when faced with the Word of God... he is reminded of his wretchedness and that... that he just can't ignore. Reminds me of the following verse:

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:19-20)

Moment after this, I tried my best to share the Gospel with a drunkard and after that, with a sodomite. I don't think I got too far with either one of them, but I tried my best. The Lord use my efforts as He sees fit. After talking with these souls, I was reminded just how wretched the lives of the unconverted are; lives filled with self-deceit, immorality, and licence. What a grand catastrophe the Fall of Man was and is.


That's the notes for tonight. Thank you, dear readers, for again keeping track with our evangelistic escapades. I ask you to pray, dear saints of God, for both Pastor Tim and I; both of us have and are suffering from health problems that could definitely slow us down dramatically. It is my hope that the Lord will continue to use us of years to come... that said, His will be done.

Have a good weekend, dear readers... enjoy the Lord's Day!


Rand

Ps: I want to thank my brother-in-the-Lord, Layton, for taking the above picture of me with his camera. It's nice to have a clear picture at the top of my Friday Night Notes... ;-)

Labels: