<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, February 28, 2009
what a drop...


It rained for much of the day, the temperature reaching up as high as 7 Celsius (45 Fahrenheit). I was sure the sogginess of the day and the mountain of work still requiring my attention in the lab were going to keep me from my regular trek to the market for some street preaching. To my surprise, I got my work done around 7pm and the rain had then turned to snow, so I made my way to pastor Tim's house.

I knew our night of evangelism was going to be short since the temperature was dropping sharply causing flash freezing, plus I was totally exhausted from another insane week at work. That said, both pastor Tim and I preached the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ for a couple of hours in the downtown area of our city. There weren't too many souls moving about the market, but we still preached to hundreds.

"Well, we're not preaching to a whole lot of people, but we are preaching to more than we would have preached to, had we not come," pastor Tim said.

There were plenty of hard speech and blasphemy tonight. A few souls mocked us, but all in all, it wasn't a particularly grievous night of evangelism. Here are a few echoes from our night of evangelism:

- A young man walked by me and took notice of my 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Bible sign, and after reading it, he said: "Yeah... well the Bible says a lot of things." He's right. Too bad he probably doesn't have the foggiest what it does say.

- Another young man, seeing me with my Bible sign and handing out tracks asked me if he could have a friend of his take a picture of the two of us together. There was probably some serious mockery in this request, but I granted the young man's request. The way I saw it, the lad will be reminded of God's Word every time he looks at the picture taken tonight. The Lord use it as he sees fit.

- It was about 9:30pm when pastor Tim and I called it quits. I was frozen to the bone (the wind was brutal tonight). As we were gathering our Bible signs, we noticed that there was a young man in the parking garage behind us, listening to our preaching. Just before leaving, pastor Tim offered the young man a Bible tract. It was then that we noticed that the young man was totally undone. He was in tears. Pastor Tim gave him a tract along with a church business card and invited the young man to come over tomorrow for a cup of coffee. Let us pray that the Lord will lead this young man to seek spiritual help and most of all, the he would seek the Lord with all his heart.

That's the notes for tonight, dear readers. Life is quite busy for me lately... please pray for me. Now, it's time for some rest.

The Lord bless you all, dear readers.


Rand

Labels: