<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 02, 2011
who's God???



Cold wind blew through downtown all night tonight, making our night of evangelism a little chillier that we had hoped. That said, we faithfully laboured for the Gospel's sake for a good three hours: open-air preaching, distributing Gospel literature and speaking one-on-one with sinners who had questions or comments. Things went relatively well in that we weren't threatened or attacked in any way; the sad part however is that the Gospel was met with a great deal of apathy on the part of our audience.

Pastor Tim and I both had little by way of one-on-one conversations; the few that we had weren't very profitable. For example, a woman who claimed to be bisexual walked up to me on two occasions claiming she couldn't receive anything from me because she was quite happy to be bisexual. I replied that if she preferred her sin over God, then that was her right, but that decision would no doubt have dire consequences. Her last words to me as she walked away: "Who's God to refuse to accept me the way I am!" Oh dear. A sinful creature of no strength or consequence at all, pretty much telling God: "Who do You think You are?"

What folly. Couldn't help but remember the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 9:20: "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God?" I don't think that woman will be anywhere as brazen at the judgment day.

One of the good things that happened tonight (and it happened to me a couple of times): a man walked by me as I was offering Bible tracts and he turned it down quickly, only to return shortly after, taking the tract and saying something along the lines of: "On the second thought, I think I will look into this!" The Lord show mercy and grace to those who did this tonight.

The authors of the some of the worse folly tonight were by women. From the lesbian mentioned above, to the young lady who needed to step outside of the pub her friends were in because she was too intoxicated, to the myriads walking about with their breasts popping out of their tops. For some strange reason, sin always seems more disgusting to me when it is publicly practiced by women. I could hardly look at the intoxicated woman, trying not to vomit out the alcohol she had filled herself with, sitting on the sidewalk where someone else, no doubt very recently, vomited out the booze he/she filled him/herself with. What misery.

Only had a little fun with one young lady who mockingly cried out to me from the other side of the street:

"There is no God!"

"The Bible says that 'the fool saith in his heart, there is no God', and this being April 1st, it would seem that this is your day, young lady!" I replied.

And that 's it for tonight, dear readers. I'm still recovering from a number of heath problems (nothing overly serious, but aggravating nonetheless), so I appreciate your prayers, dear saints.

Have a safe and blessed weekend everyone!

Rand

Labels:

1:26 AM
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope your health problems improve quickly brother. Keep up the good work- God's work and, please, keep the reports coming. They are an encouragement.

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink