<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, November 09, 2013
Pastor Tim's back...



It was a shorter night of evangelism tonight.  I was stuck working late in the lab, and I didn't want to stay downtown 'till near midnight; I have a sermon to complete tomorrow for the Lord's Day evening service.

It was good to have my street preaching partner back.  Pastor Tim had been away for over two weeks, visiting family in Germany.  The good preacher is still quite jet lagged, so I think he appreciated a shorter night of evangelism tonight.  We were downtown from 8pm to a little past 10pm, in our usual spot, declaring the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We didn't have much by way of one-on-one conversations.  Come to think of it, I don't think I had a single one.  Maybe a very short one with a middle-eastern fellow.  I saw Pastor Tim having a couple of conversations, but nothing too long lasting.  We both had a few souls come by tonight, asking us to give them a Bible tract, which we happily handed over.  One of those souls seemed interested to visit our assembly for one of our Lord's Day services.

We received a little bit of encouragement from fellow saints throughout the night, but again, for the most part, blasphemy, cursing and mockery was far more abundant.  One French fellow thought it amusing to yell out repeatedly: "He's dead!"  It'll be a fearful, awful day, when he realizes that his Judge is very much alive.

Another sad observation tonight: it looks like Brother Layton and his Open-Air Campaigners are done evangelizing for the winter.  They weren't at their post across the Rideau Center mall tonight, and if memory serves, this is about when they stopped in years past.  I know Brother Layton does various forms of evangelism throughout the year, and I pray the Lord give him success in his winter endeavors.

Well, it's pretty late... and I have a sermon to finish writing tomorrow, so I better turn in.

Thanks for keeping up with our efforts, dear readers.

God bless you!


Rand