<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, February 04, 2006
wearied again...

I'm afraid this was another one of those nights where I went out street preaching, not out of caring for the lost, but out of pure duty. It rained for most of the day, so I thought our usual Friday night of street preaching was going to be canceled, and to be honest, that kind of made me happy. A Friday night without the threat of violence, without cursing and mockery... well, it felt kind of good. Well, the Lord had other plans.

You see, it stopped raining in the evening, so my pastor gave me call and told me he was going out preaching. He said: "I was going to forget about tonight, but looking at all the young people heading for the marketplace, I feel like I owe them a night of Gospel preaching." God bless my earthly shepherd for his heart for the lost, and may the Lord give me that kind of compassion. And finally, the Lord forgive my lack of zeal in working at His Great Commission:

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

Anyway, I did struggle through 3 hours of street preaching with my pastor (Brother Laz was stuck working all night) taking every harsh word, every mockery with a sense of resignation. If I'm sounding whinny, I do apologize... it's been a long day. We were, once again, under the threat of violence from a very drunk beggar (yes, the same one who gave us a taste of his fists a couple of months ago), but praise be to God who sent us a police officer to rid us of the poor wretch. Other than that, I had a couple of sodomites throw trash at me; nothing hard thankfully, mostly used tissues and papers.

On a positive note, we did give out a fair number of Gospel tracts and I did have a number of conversations with people who showed some interest in the Gospel. In particular, I spoke to a Finnish fellow who told me he had just finished reading the Gospel of Luke. We had a pleasant conversation and I invited him to church on the Lord's Day... I really hope he comes.

I'm going to close the notes here tonight. I'm tired and I don't feel particularly good about my attitude. I hope the Holy Spirit will straighten me out tomorrow, after a good night's sleep.

I covet your prayers friends.


Rand