<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Sunday Afternoon Notes

Sunday, August 27, 2006
the abominable day...

Well, today was the cursed "gay pride parade". What a detestable, disgusting and wicked festival!

My pastor and I, after a short time of prayer (in which we prayed that the Lord would save some of these sinners) went out with the following two Gospel signs:

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

"God turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemning them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly." (2 Peter 2:6)

It rained for much of the parade, so the turn-out was rather poor. Praise God! The downside though was that those who were there, were the most hardened sodomites. I was only able to share the Gospel (by conversation) with one "man", and a newspaper journalist.

There was another benefit of the rain: most had their rain jackets on; I don't think I saw any nudity this time around, which is a first. There were plenty of gross scenes, but the lack of nudity was a real blessing.

For the most part, things were quiet today. Most of the spectators and those who participated in the parade tried their hardest to ignore us, though almost all read our signs. Praise God! That's not to say we weren't pushed around at all; one man objected to my sign, claiming that because he had been with the same man for over 28 years, his way of life was perfectly fine. When he realized none of his arguments were swaying me in the least, he grabbed me. He didn't try to hit me or shove me, he was mocking me saying: "there, now I've contaminated you with my homosexual hands." If you find this weird, believe me, so did I. He left, and I thanked the Lord.

The most aggravating aspect of the parade, for me this year, were those detestable false teachers, the "United church" and "Anglican church." Their clergy and members actually took part in the parade, holding up signs the read:

"God created Adam and Yves."

"God loves gays"

As I watched them all pass by me, reading my sign and scoffing at it, I couldn't help but be reminded of Isaiah 5:20:

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

So, we live to fight another day, thanks be to God. The Gospel of Truth was presented, the seeds were sown. Let us pray that the Lord will cultivate good soil in some of the hearts we ministered to this afternoon.

I appreciate all your prayers, dear saints.


Rand